Fantasy football questions for someone who has never done it before

I'd be interested in trying fantasy football when the NFL starts this year. But the type of fantasy I'd only like to do is different than how it's described to me.

I want this:

1) A fantasy football league where the players you select are the players you keep for the entire season, period. No changing around. If they got injured or they're not playing like you hoped, too bad.

The reason for that is otherwise I'm going to have to constantly research and watch all the games and that's more of a time investment than I'd be down for.

I also want: 2) instead of a fantasy football where everyone has to select players from a draft, a fantasy football where everyone selects whoever they want, but there are salary caps set. "Whoever can build the most clever team/players" is more interesting to me than "whoever got access to the best players first".

Could such a league be possible and does it exist?

That is not something that you will easily find. Weekly updating is part of the fun.

However, there are weekly drafts where you allocate a fixed budget. You can spend all you money on a QB and RBs and get stuck with schlubs that don't play much at WR, or vice versa. That may be more your temperment.

J

Top Bottom