Farming Horses

Minou

King
Tonight I was playing a game and noticed the Cree had farmed over two Horse tiles. At first I thought this was very stupid but when I moused over both the tooltip indicated they were producing 2 Horses per turn. Did anyone else know you can extract strategic resources with a farm?

Since you need Animal Husbandry to see Horses, I don't suppose this lets you get Horses hooked up any faster unless you are lucky and just happen to farm a tile that they pop on when the tech completes. But, I suppose there might be some situations where I will farm a Horse instead of pasturing it such as when making a farm triangle for Feudalism.

This is why Civ 6 is so addicting, I have been playing for 2 years and still learned something new today.

Interesting, I have seen this but not taken notice of their horse production.
I guess it is treated a bit like laying a district over horses before discovery and more importantly,W hen finding enemy horse tiles to pillage, pillaging these seems key as well.
I’ll have to test it out, thanks for the post.

This seems a bit weird. The tooltip shows that you get horses from the tile but you really don't. In the first pic is the view from Mongolian perspective (animal husbandry researched) and in the second, from Egyptian perspective (no animal husbandry). In the third one, Egypt has discovered AH, but doesn't actually accumulate any horses.

Top Bottom