1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Faster Building and Unit Production

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Individual Components' started by RemonKewl, Oct 22, 2016.

1. RemonKewl

RemonKewl Chieftain

A mod based, again, on Gedemon's and alpaca's code, it sets the production cost of units and buildings to 0.75 of what they are.

Updated the mod, added an option with half the building cost, and now it increases the purchase cost to the original. For some reason, the purchase multiplier is always an integer. So, the 1/2 building cost option has the exact purchase cost as vanilla, and the 3/4 building cost has a tad more purchase cost.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Chinese American likes this.
  2. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Chieftain

I want Taj Mahal wonder :bowdown:

3. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Chieftain

Your mods not working ... it won't show up on the additional content list

4. RemonKewl

RemonKewl Chieftain

It appears to run ok on my side. Anyone else got a problem?

5. CzarZemas

CzarZemas Chieftain

Mine is working fine.

6. azulusthra

azulusthra Chieftain

Will it affect the AI too ?

7. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Chieftain

It goes in the mod files correct !?

8. Myrrdin_Emrys

Myrrdin_Emrys Chieftain

to install the mod you have to create a folder in "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Name your folder" and extract the 2 files from the archives in the new created folder.

Is there a way to let vanilla production for antique, classical and medieval unit ? (but reduce the other units)

9. DaFranker

DaFranker Chieftain

Yes. The same SQL used here can also be used to query the foreign keys "PrereqDistrict", "PrereqTech" and "PrereqCivic" from the pulled Units, then from each of those pull up the "EraType" reference (or in the case of District, pull up the District's Tech or Civic and then from there the EraType...), and then list there as conditions which Eras to select, so that finally you can apply the Cost = Cost*factor modification to only those queried entries.

The exact code is slightly beyond my current comfort level with SQL though, so it would probably take me an hour or so of fiddling around to get it working. If you want to take a shot at this, \Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\Schema\01_GameplaySchema.sql will be your best friend.

10. sresk

sresk Chieftain

I really love this, I'm working on a balance modpack for myself that I may publish can I incorporate this in with some value changes and credit you?

11. RemonKewl

RemonKewl Chieftain

Of course, although credit should go mostly to Gedemon and alpaca.

Btw, does anyone know how to change the insta-buy cost? The problem with the mod is that in slower speeds the cost is very low now. Nvm, found it.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  12. zpohle247

zpohle247 Chieftain

I keep getting an error that your attachment cannot be found when attempting to download your mod. I am new here so I assume I am doing something wrong, but in case it is not me I thought I should let you know.

Edit: I was trying to DL while the author was ULing. All better now.

13. sresk

sresk Chieftain

Lol just played through the first dozen turns and ran int oa similar issue where was it?

14. RemonKewl

RemonKewl Chieftain

GlobalParameters.xml

line 295 <Row Name="GOLD_PURCHASE_MULTIPLIER" Value="2" />

I've semi-fixed this already.

15. AriRina

AriRina Chieftain

Does it affect achievements? I wanna try it out but would wait if it does^^

16. sresk

sresk Chieftain

I'm pretty sure all mods affect acheivments...one of the reasons I have hundreds of hours on both civ v and eu iv and less than 10 achievements combined between both of those games :p

17. AriRina

AriRina Chieftain

ah ok, thx for the info :)

18. Relinou

Relinou Chieftain

Nope, achievements aren't disabled in civ 6 with mods enabled, at least at the moment.

19. Rapsynrev

Rapsynrev Chieftain

Is there a way to disable, or at least mitigate the exploding production cost of districts as you advance in eras? I've looked at the GlobalParameters.xml and see a few possible entries, but I'm a little confused as to what they do. Thanks!

20. steelwarrior77

steelwarrior77 Chieftain

Could you make a mod for the units of the moar units included that doubles or triples unit costs for the AI? Cause if I play with a slower research the freaking AI spams units in an unholy amount until everything is littered with them...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017