1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Favorite GS civ

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Disgustipated, Apr 13, 2019.

?

Favorite Gathering Storm Civ

1. Hungary

12 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Maori

18 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Canada

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Inca

27 vote(s)
    22.1%
  5. Mali

12 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. Sweden

6 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Ottoman

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. Phoenicia

18 vote(s)
    14.8%
  9. Eleanor England

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. Eleanor France

10 vote(s)
    8.2%
  11. Have not purchased Gathering Storm

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

I just love Inca. They are simply King of The Earth.
    I also like Mali, if I can get proper start position. Mansa Musa is simply the richest guy in the world, period. He can buy everything.
    The others are just the same for my playstyle. Finished with KupeMaori, PacachutiInca, Engleanor so far. Playing as Dido now, love the design of Cothon.

2. Codeblue009

Codeblue009 Chieftain

I play the Ottomans on Diety and have won several times with them. I start out as a warmonger, but switch to science victory after I have established enough cities and generation of science. I have not attempted a complete domination victory on Deity yet. I always play this hybrid style. I love the Ottomans with Ibrahim as governor, giving you +10 strengths on attacking districts within 10 tiles. I usually start out slow, since the AI loves to attack you if you are near them when you start. So having the ability to recover and gain ground (cities) is crucial.

This civ is a strong mid game civ and hard to beat once you get going. I highly recommend it for beginners who want to play on a Deity.

Cheers.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  3. Connor_CivFan

Connor_CivFan Chieftain

Albania led by Skanderbeg, oh wait that is a mod :( Get Albania In civ

This only country that I will ever even try to advocate for is Albania they have rich history. They also have great leaders such as Skanderbeg who fought of both the Venetians and Ottomans

4. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I haven't played them all yet but so far Freleanor, Phoenicia and (surprisingly) Mali have been my most enjoyable games. Closely followed by Hungary.

I struggled with Maori. The start was awesome and so much fun but I played them on Island Plates and I forgot how boring I find that map in the late stages. Although that said, I did the same for Phoenicia and loved them. Conversely, Canada was surprisingly fun as (completely unrelated to the Civ or leader) I happened upon an early relic from a goody hut and got the elusive Earth Goddess pantheon. I was swimming in faith the whole game. Inca was fun I guess but not wildly exciting. I'd much rather go wide than tall.

Still haven't tried Ottomans or Sweden.

5. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

Hungary.

Actually, I think they are becoming my favorite Civ overall. And not just for warmongering.