Favorite Scenario

What is your favorite official scenario to play?

• Wonders of the Ancient Woorld

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • 1066: Year of Viking Destiny

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • New World

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Paradise Found

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • The Samurai Invasion of Korea

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Rise of the Mongols

Votes: 14 16.3%

• Total voters

Mesix

The Allfather
I have really been enjoying playing the scenarios packaged with the DLC. I was wondering which scenario people enjoy playing the most and why.

Please post comments below.

I liked Mongol scenario the most because it's a real challenge, especially on Deity. And of course keshiks. If I wasn't so obsessed to get all achievements, I don't think I would have ever find the will to finish it on Deity, it took me days. But I cannot see it into the poll?

I liked Mongol scenario the most because it's a real challenge, especially on Deity. And of course keshiks. If I wasn't so obsessed to get all achievements, I don't think I would have ever find the will to finish it on Deity, it took me days. But I cannot see it into the poll?
I thought there were six and couldn't for the life of me figure out which one I was missing. It makes sense since my method for checking was to look at the Steam Store and of course the Mongols are free so were not listed there. I'll see if I can edit the poll.

@Mods...is there a way to add an option to the poll?

:yup: added.
If someone tells me its real name, then i'll replace it there (it currently reads "the mongol scenario").
Thanks!

Rise of the Mongols.

You're welcome.
You might also use the "report post" function () to make mods aware of stuff which needs somehow attention.

--------------
And now back to topic :D.
I guess the poll results will not give a total precise view on the overall quality, because the Rise Of The Mongols scenario will certainly get more votes, just because it's free and everyone has it. If it doesn't, then it probably speaks for the others.

I've never really played a scenario so this poll is interesting and gives me something to try out.

Wow, super surprised no one voted for New World. (I just did) I guess that shows how out of whack my playing tendancies are from the norm.

I love the sense of exploration in this scenario and having to gather the gold bouillon icons is unique. And either way you play is a blast (invading westerners or defending natives)

Wonders of the ancient world with egypt on the more difficult levels gives you an interesting encounter with numerous barbs from the desert. Great fun!:)

Another vote for New World, I like the imperial conquest thingy. :)

I play an European power, sometimes it's a struggle with natives, sometimes a colonial war breaks out.
I guess I should try natives next!

I'll go with the Mongol scenario 'cause it's pure psychotic chaos. You have to deal with tech, culture and the brutal unhappiness (some or all of which aren't part of the other scenarios) and the goal of the scenario seems much more difficult than the others. The New World scenario would be a distant second. I stopped buying DLC after the Vikings and didn't bother with Polynesia, so I only have half of them.

[voted] Wonders of the Ancient World
and I BEG MODDERS to make a mod when it is possible to play "this way" much longer , than building 9 wonders

Playing as Harold Godwinson as England in the 1066 scenario is exhilarating to say the least. It's a real exercise in managing units and "damage control"- trying to avoid losing too much at once.

I loved the viking scenario, though it was a bit too easy as Norway or Denmark, even on the higher difficulty levels. As Harold though it's brilliantly tactical and fast-paced - and a rather hair-raising introduction to the viking UA.

Initially I liked the Wonders scenario, but ultimately got sick of it because winning on Deity for the achievement was just too hard - far harder than any of the other scenarios. I shudder to think how many hours I spent on that.

I loved the viking scenario, though it was a bit too easy as Norway or Denmark, even on the higher difficulty levels. As Harold though it's brilliantly tactical and fast-paced - and a rather hair-raising introduction to the viking UA.

Initially I liked the Wonders scenario, but ultimately got sick of it because winning on Deity for the achievement was just too hard - far harder than any of the other scenarios. I shudder to think how many hours I spent on that.
I thought England and Normandy were very easy. In the game I recently finished as Normandy, I completely wiped out England and took over all of cities which originally belonged to England from both of the Vikings. The blitzing knight is a tank and the Mott and Bailey improvement makes it near impossible for the AI to take a city from Normandy. I agree that England was a lot of fun to play. It felt kind of like Korea in the Samurai Invasion scenario where you have a lot of cities which you have to defend from an overwhelming force. It is a bit humbling to have to lose cities and then retake them.

I only have the New World in addition to the Rise of the Mongols. So I'll choose New World.

I think i did the Mongols scenario when i first tried the game, but i don't really remember.

Never touched any of the scenarios since, but i really should it sounds like.

Are they more fun than doing the normal playing?

Top Bottom