1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite XML Tweaks

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by sprang, Apr 23, 2008.

1. windmilltilter

windmilltilter Chieftain

Is there a way to just make the monasteries' 10% science contribution obsolete without making monasteries altogether obsolete ? That would be fine.

Thanks!

2. Dagta

Dagta Chieftain

Is there a way to completely remove Airships without messing up the AI? I'd very much like to remove them altogether.

3. theKurgen

theKurgen Warlord

Yes. It was rather painstaking as the way I did it was to create an Airship 'unique unit' for every civ, that UU being 'NONE' :lol: This is how the game prevents the 'barbarian' civ from being able to build certain units, so it's fairly obvious in the file.

There's probably an easier way to do it, but if not I can probably send you my XML files (i've also removed global warming).

It can't hurt the AI as the only difference is the AI doesn't build it and neither do you.

4. Corozivu

Corozivu Chieftain

Can someone tell me how to remove the city razing-citizen reinforcements event. I read a previous thread and i remember someone saying that this is a "broken" event. I wanted to start a new thread for this problem but i decided to attach my request here.

Also in order not to be completely off topic I modify the map generator to spawn less desert tiles.

5. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

well, at first you can make it function as it should (which means: only for civs having emancipation) by installing Bhruic's secondary patch.

6. Milly

Milly Warlord

I mainly just change the maximum exp one can get from barbarians and animals, as well as changing the amount of exp left after upgrading. Otherwise, I use things as is, due to a bad stint attempting to get the warrior to be able to upgrade to swordsman.

7. ZB2

ZB2 New wave Ideology

The easier way to remove airships is to make them available with Flight which is when you get fighters. Airships upgrade to fighters so they are obsolete as soon as you get the tech, and thus unbuildable. It was in my previous post.

8. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

You could make a new building, "New Monastery", which will be available after Scientific Method.

I removed the favorite colony. I got bored of getting America in every game. Now it's random

9. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

does the .xml file in Warlords>Assets>XML>Civilizations>CIV4TraitInfos contain the latest info?? (BTS's only change is Expansive's +25% worker production, which btw i dont see in the warlordsCIV4TraitInfos file)

10. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

the warlords trait info is the latest. however as you see in my split traits mod you have references in unit and buildinginfos.xml for trait affects. I wish firaxis kept them in one file but they didn't so you'll most likely se the worker change in unitinfos.xml

11. mike p

mike p King

It would probably be simpler to just allow the Cathedral level religious buildings to build missionaries.

12. Dagta

Dagta Chieftain

Thank you both!

13. LordMachiavelli

LordMachiavelli Chieftain

Except that could lead to a catch-22. You need x number of temples to make a Cathedral. You can't build those temples if the religion hasn't spread. You can't spread that religion without a missionary...

I don't think it would be breaking to allow temples to build missionaries, if only 3 can exist at any one time anyway.

LM

14. zalym

zalym Chieftain

I'll be following the XML 101 guide. Which traits would need to be modified on the airships to make this idea work?

15. oranges

oranges Prince

This thread inspired me to finally fix something that annoyed me since forever so cuirassiers, cavalry and gunships now have flank attack against all previous siege units, not just cannons/ artillery. Other than that, I removed the experience cap for upgrading units and halved the ridiculous cost for upgrading on marathon, averaging somewhere around 300. I would also like to increase the strength of all UUs that come weaker than the normal units of that class, but somehow I was unable to find the parameter to change.

16. ZB2

ZB2 New wave Ideology

Marines = Have Flank Attack against Artillery and Mobile Artillery.
    Granary, Market, Grocer = Each give +1 Food
    Mobile SAM = Is Seige weapon not Gunpowder unit.

17. jlindy

jlindy Death From Below

another one of favorite tweaks is I changed the upgrade for Ship-of-the-line to battleship as opposed to destroyer. The SoL was after all the battleship of it's day. It makes getting an all oil burning navy take a bit longer, but what the hey. I'm also toying with the idea of making helicopters available at flight instead of advanced flight as Korean war vintage choppers had piston engines.

18. digitCruncher

digitCruncher Emperor

Um... what would that do? And why is it needed? As it has no collateral damage, and cannot bombard, the collateral damage promotions, the barrage promotions are all worthless.

Also, that would mean intercept promoted Mobile SAMs wouldn't exist :(

So, what made you change THAT!?

19. ZB2

ZB2 New wave Ideology

Becuase I believe it is not a combat unit to attack generically. It shoots down Aircraft, not engage other land units. It can only defend. It works similarly to the Machinegun which does not get barrage promotions.

20. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

I think it's mainly to make them immune to collateral damages.