Favourite era

Which is your favourite era of the game?

• Ancient - rapid expansion, swords and spears!

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Medieval - knights and the first ocean travelling ships!

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Industrial - Riflemen, artillery, and the first flying machines!

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Modern - hugely poweful land, sea and air units - and Nukes!

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

Shujaa

Chieftain
What is your favourite Age of the game? Just the one you enjoy the most. For me it's Medieval, I'm usually China so with Riders get some real mobility to play with :)

Nothing beats industrial.

The first railroad connections between your cities essential for rapid movement in case of war. Theory of Evolution, rifflemen then infantry. Race for tanks and airpower. Industrialization AND hospitals. IRON WORKS if your lucky. etc.

I voted Industrial age as well. I always seem to find myself in a viscious cold war for most of the industrial age unless one of the AI provokes an assault. There's so much to build, both for rail roads and city improvements, and so many techs to research to keep from becoming militarily weaker than your enemies. It's a very exciting time in the game--even if the turns become tediously slow sometimes.

Personally I'm digging the medieval.

I voted Ancient Age.
The thrill of the unknown, being surrounded by primeval darkness, not knowing who or what is behind those mountains...
I like how your every call is of vital importance at this stage; ordering a worker to perform one action instead of another can alter the course of history.
And you can look back from later ages and trace your rise to power: how the little town of humble beginnings became the capital of a glorious civilization!

Soter said:
I voted Ancient Age.
The thrill of the unknown, being surrounded by primeval darkness, not knowing who or what is behind those mountains...
I like how your every call is of vital importance at this stage; ordering a worker to perform one action instead of another can alter the course of history.
And you can look back from later ages and trace your rise to power: how the little town of humble beginnings became the capital of a glorious civilization!

Ancient Age also because I play most of the time with AAUU's( :lol: )
Persians, Greeks, Romans, Zulu, and I realize in the ancient age you can exterminate other civs before they take advantage of you in military and tech. :hammer:

Industrial - I like cavalry and tanks! :D Cavalry to become the world power ... tanks to finish up the last couple of troublesome cities.

I chose industrial, because you get to use my favorite unit the Rifleman. Also, you get the ability to use railroads. :D

Industrial. All my favourite war-mongerering units are there.

I'm surprised Modern is so unpopular. I guess by the time Modern age comes around most games are already almost over.

thetrooper said:
Industrial - as always. Coal is the keyword here.

:)
I agree! Industrial is the best, but if you don't have coal and can't seem to get it somehow, it can be a real bummer trying to move workers around to clean up pollution without rails. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom