Favourite Mac Friendly MODs

micsan

Chieftain
So, I'm new to the game, but lovin' it!

I'm interested in trying some MODs, but it's like looking for a needle in the haystack in the Completed MODs forum. I thought that it would be nice to have a list of Mac friendly MODS.

So... What are your favourite Mac friendly MODs?

Cheers,
Micsan

Games of the Month. They are all great, but GOTM25 was awesome and GOTM26 uses the same units and civs so it looks like being as good or better.

Now we just need to extract the BICs to make it possible to play all those civs and units in random games.

Yep, listen to AlanH! Definitely try the GOTMs, if nothing else.
Also, if you want more of everything, e.g. more wonders, more advances, more improvements... you can try the "double your pleasure" mod.
And if you are interested in new looks for your out of the box games try Sn00py's graphics mod.
For small changes to overall balance, upgrade paths, unit stats, and so on you might also want to have a look at the "patch suggestion mod" (formerly player1 mod IIRC).

is there a Mac "double your pleasure" mod out there, because the one I was looking at off the website was in exe format...

Thanks for the pointers to the GoM!

Sn00py's graphics pack looked cool.

However, after I installed it I had reversed mountians all over the place, weird squigly lines over the water, and there were no more borders shown. Strange.

Good thing I backed up the original art...

Any one else have this problem?

micsan, I had no problems with SnOOpy's (although I'm not sure to appreciate ALL of its features).

Maybe a patch problem?

I'm not sure if it's a patch thing. I'm running 1.29b2 and the only thing I've added is new graphics for the wonders.

Kinda weird, not the end of the word, but I did perfer the water a lot.

I think I'll try it with a fresh install after I finfish my current game.

Originally posted by mr.macman
is there a Mac "double your pleasure" mod out there, because the one I was looking at off the website was in exe format...
Oh, it seems you're right. I can't find the old zip version either... seems to be gone...
:confused:

Also, like Startaff I haven't had any problems with Sn00py's graphics, even in combination with other graphic mods.

Top Bottom