1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.21 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

The deal with that is that that quote refers not to units that they have, but units that they are capable of building. It's a vanilla feature, and there they don't have to worry about world units.
    Basically take it as a warning that they can build him too.

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

That reminds me of an amusing game where an AI warned me to fear his "No Unit."

3. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Brilliant example of Murphy's intervention after your complaints about Gems being more common than incense/reagents. You called for it... repent ! ;)

4. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

because they don't switch to AV or they just ignore Infernal Pact ?

5. Gamestation

Gamestation Introducing Servo

Pretty sure it's only the mud golem that has a defense rating right now so no need to worry about your Elohim strategy.

6. Miloe

Miloe Chieftain

they can research the original ashen veil but they wont research the infernal pact :(

7. cvlowe

cvlowe Chieftain

I have deleted every religion out of every evil civ's cities, put in AV, and played on. They all switch to AV after a couple turns, but 150 turns later still no hyborem. I gave up, now playing Calabim, I'll bring him out myself! :evil:

8. MagisterCultuum

If you are Calabim, bring him out asap. The AV civic halves the food needed per capita, greatly improving the vampires' feast ability (you can feed a lot more often). Then you should try to get other civs to adopt this civic, so you have bigger feasts to celebrate each city conquest. Also, if Hyborem builds any super cities, you can conquer these and gain over 100 free xp instantly. However, you may want to destroy him to turn back the spread of hell (hell terrain offers less food for your human cattle).

9. Tortanick

Tortanick Chieftain

I found a minor bug while reading through the text file with all the diplomacy dialoge. The Perpentach uses the same poem to demand tribute when he's both stronger and weaker than you.

10. MagisterCultuum

He insane-why should he need to take into account if hes stronger or weaker, or whether there is actually any chance that you would acquiesce to his requests?

11. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Chieftain

Last night I was researching Elementalism and I decided to use an AV Savant to get the 15% research boost. I scrolled through the city screens until I found him. I clicked on his icon so he would be highlighted when I closed the city window but a python exceptions (error?) window popped up. Print Screen does not work on my keyboard. I have the proper settings in the *.ini file. Anyway, I closed the city window and found him on the map. Everything worked fine from there.

I do have a python error log file from last night that may be of some help. See below and thanks.

Attached Files:

12. Stormraven

Stormraven Chieftain

Hey guys, longtime lurker and player of FFH but a first time poster here. Kael and company, you guys rock. Hard.

I noticed one little quirk about the "Evangelist" units (Sphener, specifically). When I take a city over using him, if he kills the last unit in the city (i.e, no workers, settlers, Great People, etc) then he successfully spreads the Order into the city. However, if there's a worker left in the city I capture the worker but The Order doesn't get spread into the city.

13. xanaqui42

xanaqui42 Chieftain

(deleted for inaccuracy)

14. Sarisin

Sarisin Chieftain

Yeah, mea culpa!:mischief:

I was so praying for Gems so I could build the Stonewardens and get that magic hammer bonus for my Monks.

And, making it worse, I had three instances of Incense. I did switch to the Order and was able to build Confessors.

I am still playing and up to yr. 700 in my second game and no mine gifts yet. That's about 1700 turns and more than 50 mines without a gift.

15. Sarisin

Sarisin Chieftain

Wow, if that's the case the combat victory of the Worker over the barb Lizardman stuns me even more.

Anyone else see a Worker defeating another unit?

16. Saien

Saien Chieftain

Mutation from OO Cultists can raise the defense of workers.

17. thapagan

thapagan Chieftain

I just got a new computer, HP Pavilion a6030n.
    I have several games crash, the last one had a memory/graphics problem.
    The computer goes straight to shutdown, so I did not get a screenshot.

What should I do to help my computer play this great game.

18. BlazeRedSXT

BlazeRedSXT Chieftain

Thats a pretty hefty machine thepagan. At least, if it is spec'ed out to what HP says its default is. What OS are you using? What version of the graphics drivers? Do you have this problem with regular Civ 4?
    If you are having this problem with regular Civ, maybe going to the Tech forums here on CivFanatics would be of use.

Cheers!

19. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Chieftain

What is your graphics card? I have an HP and had to upgrade.

20. AOLBITES

AOLBITES Chieftain

run memtest

and consider upgrading from the onboard video