FfH2 0.21 Bug Thread

Broken hawk ,you make me want to cry. I was thinking the same thing this afternoon. I am at mom's holidays, but will resolve this Hopefully in a week or two. I was hoping for a well turn off your animation in the controll panel, but your tips are useful. Thanks

I just got a new computer, HP Pavilion a6030n.
I have several games crash, the last one had a memory/graphics problem.
The computer goes straight to shutdown, so I did not get a screenshot.

What should I do to help my computer play this great game.

Look in your save gamesfiles. I am getting memory errors sometimes when the game tries to save itself. the autosave game or regular save game file will be corrupt and just 4kb. after about 200 years in normal speed i would say the game has a 25% chance of crashing when it tries to autosave or regular save. I disabled the autosave feature and it lets me keep playing continuosly until i choose to save, then it is cross my fingers and pray. memtest is fine.
my system is a
3.0 ghz PentiumIV
1.5 Gb DDR PC3200
ATI Radeon 9800 128mb video card
soundblaster audigy sound card

I note that a unit that looses a combat against a unit with poison strength, is damaged (but not dead), and is not immune to poison does not gain the poisoned promotion (the relevant case is where the loosing unit withdraws from combat).

Pyre Zombies still use their old damage calculation (instead of FFHDoDamage) when they loose. This means, for example, that Immune to Fire, Orc, and Demon are ignored in this damage calculation.

Has anyone noticed some odd behavior on behalf of the AI with respect to the tech tree (patch d)? Last night I was wrapping things up, and very tired, when I researched two techs that had something strange about them that I didn't think about until later. One tech allowed me to build Dwarven Druids when I already had Groves. The other tech allowed for Public Healers. But when I opened the Civics window, Public Healers was not an available option. Sorry for the lack of specifics, again I was tired and I don't have time to investigate further until until Monday because of the holiday. I'll come back then with more details. Some of the things I noticed may have to do with the fact I am playing the Khazad for the first time and I'm just not familiar with the tech tree as it relates to them.

P.S. I mentioned in the main thread that I can't build Dwarven Slingers? Any ideas?

Spoiler :
Has anyone noticed some odd behavior on behalf of the AI with respect to the tech tree (patch d)? Last night I was wrapping things up, and very tired, when I researched two techs that had something strange about them that I didn't think about until later. One tech allowed me to build Dwarven Druids when I already had Groves. The other tech allowed for Public Healers. But when I opened the Civics window, Public Healers was not an available option. Sorry for the lack of specifics, again I was tired and I don't have time to investigate further until until Monday because of the holiday. I'll come back then with more details. Some of the things I noticed may have to do with the fact I am playing the Khazad for the first time and I'm just not familiar with the tech tree as it relates to them.

P.S. I mentioned in the main thread that I can't build Dwarven Slingers? Any ideas?

public healers is alignment specific, and dwarven slingers is either luchiurp or khazad specific.

Pretty sure it's only the mud golem that has a defense rating right now so no need to worry about your Elohim strategy.

Some of my workers (calabim) got a defense of 1 (due to the blessed promotion, from the altar of luonnotar, which I built when I had RoK-religion), so I think they could also defend.

I should get Slingers then, right? Public Healers is probably for good civs not neutral or evil if I understand you correctly.

If you are Calabim, bring him out asap. The AV civic halves the food needed per capita, greatly improving the vampires' feast ability (you can feed a lot more often). Then you should try to get other civs to adopt this civic, so you have bigger feasts to celebrate each city conquest. Also, if Hyborem builds any super cities, you can conquer these and gain over 100 free xp instantly. However, you may want to destroy him to turn back the spread of hell (hell terrain offers less food for your human cattle).

How do you build super cities without the tower of complacency?

Starting in version 0.20, this ritual creates 3 animals for each unit it converts. However, it only grants the commando promotion to one of these animals (not the other two). I assume that this is not intentional.

Code:
					newUnit = bPlayer.initUnit(iNewUnit, pUnit.getX(), pUnit.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI)
					newUnit = bPlayer.initUnit(iNewUnit, pUnit.getX(), pUnit.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI)
					newUnit.setHasPromotion(iCommando, True)

I have been getting that since 21 also. They seem pretty random, since I can load the same game moments after a crash and keep playing through the crash point. Someone suggested a mem leak on my machine, but I am still pretty doubtful about that... kind of glad someone else is having the same problem.

Cheers!

Starting in version 0.20, this ritual creates 3 animals for each unit it converts. However, it only grants the commando promotion to one of these animals (not the other two). I assume that this is not intentional.

Code:
					newUnit.setHasPromotion(iCommando, True)

I read it somewhere, and I'm quite sure it is intentional.

How do you build super cities without the tower of complacency?

Since food is useless to Hyborem, his cities only grow by adding Manes. They also never shrink due to starvation. A 700 pop city's citizens might be very unhappy and unproductive, but they won't die out. No tower needed.

Have patch d.

Founded the Leaves religion. Have a Great Prophet. Cannot build the Leaves religious building in the founded city... and I could really use the gold.

Only build option available is for Cult of the Dragon which is of course faded out.

---

One time my laptop rebooted after attacking a goblin. Never seen that before or since... last night.

The Song of Autumn (Leaves Shrine) requires a Great Bard, just like the Stigmata on the Unborn (Veil Shrine) requires a Great Sage. I believe it has bee this way for all of Fire.

The Song of Autumn (Leaves Shrine) requires a Great Bard, just like the Stigmata on the Unborn (Veil Shrine) requires a Great Sage. I believe it has bee this way for all of Fire.

On a related note, I wonder if anyone has ever seen the AI build Song of Autumn since Fire. I get the impression that no matter what the AI will never realize that a Great Bard can build the thing.

These units (unlike their melee units) are very unlikely to every gain a Weapon Type (such as Bronze Weapons). This is because the logic in onUnitCreated is for melee units only.

Maybe we need to change to byline for Fire from:

"Save, or destroy, the world"

to:

"Song of Autumn requires a Great Bard now"

...and btw, I have seen the AI build it.

Maybe we need to change to byline for Fire from:

"Save, or destroy, the world"

to:

"Song of Autumn requires a Great Bard now"

...and btw, I have seen the AI build it.

Really? How often? And next time that happens could you reload an autosave to just before the AI built the wonder and check the bard's AI script (through world builder or cheat mode)?

Top Bottom