FfH2 0.21 Bug Thread

I (playing as Basium) noticed that I could upgrade one of my angels into a herald, even though I already had 3 heralds. One reason could be that my level 6 angel was in the territory of my ally (Sabathiel), but I'm not sure ...

btw, the model of the Seraph looks really awesome!! :goodjob:

-edit: Now I have about 7 heralds, I think that's not the way it should work...

I have a question about path f. Is it necessary download other paths or just f version its fine ?:p
And where can i find new scenario or maps for this mod ?
Thanks for help i have a good weekend. :crazyeye:
Once you have installed FfH, you only need to update it with the most recent patch. I can't remember, though, if the primary download is updated with each patch (meaning that you wouldn't need to a patch with a fresh install).

- Niilo

To get yourself up-to-date from a state of no FfH, you'll (almost always) need 2 files - the large main mod and a lettered patch, currently 0.21 and 0.21f respectively. Patches are cumulative, so you don't need the previous patches, which is why the post with the links in it (top of the bug thread) only has these 2 files in it at any given time. The main download isn't updated with patches, only new version releases, mainly to save a load of Kael's time and to reduce this confusion, in theory at least.

not exagerating, i summoned over 200 chaos marauders in my last 2 shiam games, and not a single solitary one of them turned into a barbarian at the end of his summon. searching the site, and the bug reports, i find no prerequisite or circumstance required, all i found was a 20% chance to turn into a barbarian at the end of the summon, and of the hundreds i summoned, not a one turned. I'm assuming i missed something, itherwise it almost has to be broken.
one thought that occurs to me, someone mentioned a limit on the number of barbarians in a game, playing a terra map, that new world might have already reached this limit(it was swarming with them), would that prevent them from turning?
also, anyone know if the barbarian limit can be easily tweaked/raised. too lazy to look myself.

I believe that Kael said he removed the chance that the marauders will become barbarians about the same time as he first implemented planar gates.

If a full-fledged item system was implemented, something like the following would probably be the best solution:

When a unit carrying an item dies, check if the killer was a unit without the summoned promotion.

If it was such a unit, give the item to this killing unit.

If it was a summoned unit or even not a unit at all, give the item to the first non-summoned unit in the dying units tile.

If no other units are in the dying units tile, create an immobile strenghtless barbarian 'item chest' unit on the dying units tile, carrying the item.

Yeah, equipment will be fully covered in "Shadow". But esentially you will see objects drop as immobile capturable units if they cant be switched to the attackign unit, or if the holding unit dies without an attacker.

I (playing as Basium) noticed that I could upgrade one of my angels into a herald, even though I already had 3 heralds. One reason could be that my level 6 angel was in the territory of my ally (Sabathiel), but I'm not sure ...

btw, the model of the Seraph looks really awesome!! :goodjob:

-edit: Now I have about 7 heralds, I think that's not the way it should work...

Seems you guys still haven't managed to fix this issue yet. I know it has something to do with being in a permanent alliance since in "Light" I was able to reproduce this effect with inquisitors after creating a permanent alliance with someone else.

I wasnt able to reproduce the herald problem. I can only upgrade to 3 of them at one time. I know about the issues allowing you to have more if you capture some with inquisitors or gift them to an ally but Im not seeing any problem with typical upgrades.

Kael,

Do you plan to put Speed Mod in FfH II? Waiting for BtS?

Thanks. :)

Sorry if I should have posted this in the Speed Mod thread. I wasn't thinking.

The upgrade bug:
In CvUnit::canUpgrade it checks for the closest city on your team and then calls CvCity::canUpgrade
In CvCity::canUpgrade it calls CvPlayer::canTrain but for the owner of the city, not the unit. CvPlayer::canTrain is what says if you're maxed out on your unit or not.

The upgrade bug:
In CvUnit::canUpgrade it checks for the closest city on your team and then calls CvCity::canUpgrade
In CvCity::canUpgrade it calls CvPlayer::canTrain but for the owner of the city, not the unit. CvPlayer::canTrain is what says if you're maxed out on your unit or not.

Thats a great catch. I'll get it fixed, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Kael, If Gyathaar can get the MAF fixed for map saves will we see it implemented in FfH2? Just got another MAF last night on a normal speed, huge map, 16 civs in the year 451. set me back 5 years which at that stage of the game can take awhile to replay.
Yeap, did it MAF while saving?

Sorry for delay in response, but yes the game crashes while autosaving. the error does not reproduce when you go back to the previous autosave. I was able to play another 30 turns, yr 476, before it carshed again, this time on a regular save attempt.

Stoneskin is broken. It appears that if you don't take 3 hits in a combat, it goes back to FULL STRENGTH for the next combat. My War Machine just killed about 20 brigands (while defending) and emerged at full strength because while he took one or two hits in each combat he never took 3 in any single combat. He took about 10 hits total and they all were absorbed by stoneskin.

As I cautioned at the time of the proposed change, don't mess with stoneskin, it's powerful enough already. Think of it like an airbag. It fully deploys whether you're going 15 miles an hour and hit something or 70 miles an hour and hit something. There's nothing illogical about it. Please change it back for the next patch.

A bug with hyborem not getting a city straight off.

Look at my relations with hyborem. He later declared war on me.

Is that a settler just to the upper right of him? I hope you are not surprised he declared war on you.

Top Bottom