File Not Found "#"

Hello again! I've been working on a new project lately about the Turkish War of Independence, I've alrady done a "WWI In The Middle East" scenario before so I didn't bother to create a new PediaIcons or Civilopedia folder for this new one and just copied the entire WWI scenario's folders. The WWI scenario works properly in the game, but even though they share the same files, the new scenario I made doesn't load and the game gives me this note: Load Error: File Not Found "#". Do you guys know anything about this? Can someone explain me the problem? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Ekran Görüntüsü (188).png
    Ekran Görüntüsü (188).png
    724.5 KB · Views: 22
Delta_Yukorami, the Civ3 - Technical Support Forum is full of posts with "File not found" messages: https://forums.civfanatics.com/sear...t&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=48&o=relevance

Normally these messages show, what file was not found, making the search for the error much easier. But in my search in the Civ3 - Technical Support Forum there are also several posts about exactly the message file not found "#". As far as I can see, none of them was answered with a proper solution in many years.

So, at least with such a small amount of information, I can only post here a guess. I think here something fundamental went wrong with the construction of your scenario. One possibility could be, that in the pediaIcons file in the text folder of your scenario something went wrong.

Normally all entries in that file start with # , followed by the description of that function.

Pediaicons.jpg

It could be, that here one of those descriptions was cut out in that file, so that there only left the #.

An other reason could be that in the biq of your working scenario you set download paths to other Civ 3 folders and forgot to set them in the biq of your new scenario, too.

As said, only guesses - no knowledge.

Delta_Yukorami, it is great that you have found the error that triggered that message. :) But for other civers, who will run into such a message, can you please elaborate more precisely, what was wrong that triggered this message.

I forgot to enter the civilopedia entries of the civilizations 😅. I'm guessing that this note means that you forgot to enter a critical civilopedia entrance.
Delta_Yukorami, thank you very much for the answer. :)

Top Bottom