Final Fantasy Mod Public playtest: Request & Discussion Thread

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Code:
Well, as some of you may already know, I'm working on a mod based on the entire Final Fantasy series, and since I'm about 3/5-2/3 finished, I decided to hold a public playtest story to show where I'm at thus far, and how this mod basically works. (see link in sig for more details)

What I'd like is some of YOUR input on which civilizations should be in this particular game session, and wether I should play on a standard or large map.

Here's the stuff that's set in stone already:

Map: Standard or Large (you choose)
Civilizations: Max for the map sizes
Monsters (barbarians): LIVE FOR THE SWARM!!! :evil: (raging)
Difficulty level: Either Regent (my usual level, but It's gotten to the point that Regent is almost too easy) or Monarch
Land Mass, Rainfall, etc: RANDOM!! ('cause I like surprises :D)

Civilizations that will be in play:

Thus far Reno requested The Shinra Corporation, and I'd kinda like to play as AVALANCHE, so:

President Rufus of the Shinra Corporation
Commander Cloud of AVALANCHE

The remaining 6-10 is your choice (and where I really want your guys' help so that everyone can enjoy this):

Eligible civs are:

[CENTER]FF IV[/CENTER] 

[CENTER]Kingdom of Baron[/CENTER]
Leader: King Cecil   Traits: Rel, Exp, Mil   UU's: Red Wing airship, Kain's Dragoons

[CENTER]FF V[/CENTER] 

[CENTER]Kingdom of Tycoon[/CENTER] 
Leader: Queen Reina   Traits: Rel, Com, Ag   UU's: Hiryuu

[CENTER]FF VI[/CENTER] 

[CENTER]Vector Empire[/CENTER] 
Leader: Emperor Gestahl   Traits: Sci, Exp, Mil   UU's: Trooper, Magitek Armor

[CENTER]Returner Alliance[/CENTER] 
Leader: King Edgar Figaro   Traits: Sci, Ind, Ag    UU's: Narshe Guard, Returner

[CENTER]FF VII[/CENTER] 

[CENTER]Shinra Corporation[/CENTER] 
Leader: President Rufus Shinra   Traits: Sci, Ind, Mil   UU's: GrossPanzer

[CENTER]AVALANCHE[/CENTER] 
Leader: Commander Cloud Strife   Traits: Rel, Ag, Mil   UU's: Freedom Fighter

[CENTER]FF VIII[/CENTER] 

[CENTER]Republic of Galbadia[/CENTER] 
Leader: Sorceress Edea   Traits: Sci, Mil, Exp   UU's: Galbadian Soldier

[CENTER]Gardern[/CENTER] 
Leader: Commander Squall Leonhart   Traits: Sea, Sci, Mil   UU's: SeeD

(Note: by the time I start this playtest in a week or so, I may have enough info to add Estar, but they most likely won't have any UU's ready)

[CENTER]FF IX[/CENTER] 

[CENTER]Kingdom of Alexandria[/CENTER] 
Leader: Princess Garnet til Alexandros 17th Traits: Rel, Mil, Sea   UU's: Knights of Pluto, Ship of the Line

[CENTER]Regency of Lindblum[/CENTER] 
Leader: Regent Cid   Traits: Sci, Ind, Com   UU's: (none so far, but I'm working on it)

[CENTER]FF X[/CENTER] 

[CENTER]Church of Yevon[/CENTER] 
Leader: Grand Maester Mika   Traits: Rel, Sea, Exp   UU's: Warrior Monk, Yevon Guard, YAT-97

[CENTER]Al Bhed[/CENTER] 
Leader: Chieftess Rikku   Traits: Sci, Com, Sea   UU's: Machina, Heavy Machina

[CENTER]FF XI[/CENTER] 

[CENTER]Republic of Bastok[/CENTER] 
Leader: President Karst   Traits: Sci, Ind, Exp   UU's: Republican Paladin, Republican Swordmaster, Republican Samurai

[CENTER]Kingdom of San d'Oria[/CENTER] 
Leader: Prince Royal Trion I   Traits: Rel, Mil, Sea   UU's: Elvaan Gladiator, Elvaan Lancer, Elvaan Dragoon

[CENTER]Grand Duchy of Jueno[/CENTER] 
Leader: Grand Duke Kam'lanuat   Traits: Com, Rel, Sea   UU's: Free Lancer, Tenshodo, Duchal Guard

[CENTER]Federation of Windhurst[/CENTER] 
Leader: Star Sybil   Traits: Rel, Sea, Ag   UU's: Mithra Ninja (which is under construction and WILL be finished before I start this game)

[CENTER]FF Tactics & Tactics: Advanced[/CENTER] 

[CENTER]Kingdom of Ivalice[/CENTER] 
Leader: King Ramuza   Traits: Rel, Exp, Ag    UU's: Hokuten Knight, Nanten Knight

[CENTER]Kingdom of Ordalia[/CENTER] 
Leader: King Lanard IV   Traits: Sci, Sea, Ag   UU's: Royal Knight, Crown Guard, Firewall Elite

[CENTER]Kiltia[/CENTER] 
Leader: Clan Leader Marche Radiuju   Traits: Mil, Rel, Com   UU's: Bangaa Templar

So, as you can see we've got 19 (maybe 20 if I can get Estar added in time) civs to choose from.  Note: all civs are SUPPOSED to have 3 UU's, but I've been having a heck of a time finding suitible units for some of the civs, and I have units in development for others.  Also, I have a number of rare minor civ type resources with their own unit lines that make gameplay even more unique.

Well, anyways questions, comments, suggetions, kicks to the head, etc are welcome.

After havin' done a few large world storys me self, i'd recomend ya start with standard. Large wold storys take QUITE a time commitment. Set all the other civs to random, so you'll have a few supprises and play what ever civ fancy's you.

I'm lookin' forward to yer tale,

Thanks for the support, Sem. I guess I should've mentioned a few things I didn't before to clear up some of the confusion:

You see I listed 19 civs that have been added meaning there are still 12 real life civilizations in the game, and if I set all rivals to random, then there's about a 40/60 chance that my neighbors would include the Incas and Mayans (with me playing as AVALANCHE), and for the rest of the culutre groups, Thankfully, all the European and Mediterranean Nations have been (one way or the other) replaced by Final Fantasy Civs, so that If the other continent (or group of islands if this turns out to be archipelago) is Euro or Med, it will be all FF civs. The Asian and Mid-eastern Culture groups on the other hand are the nightmare scenario: There's still the Babylonians, Hittites, Zulus (I can't wait to replace them with something, though), Sumerians, Ottomans, Indians, Japanese, Chinese, Mongols and Koreans.

I don't think anyone want's to have reality interfereing with what is otherwise a good fantasy, and the only way I can guarantee that is to pick the civs involved. The reason I haven't deleted the other civs is that it's much easier to modify an existing civilization than it is to add a new one, and I've got some mega bonus info when they re-released FF I & II for the GBA, so those civs will be added soon enough.

As for the story itself, I'm planning on doing something with a lot of storytelling and humor, but with EOT reports woven into the stories (or at the end of the post) so that people can get the nuts an bolts of the mod. Also, expect to see FF VII screenshots, 8-bit Theater references, references to actual events in FF games, as well as stuff making fun of them. I want this to be fun for everybody.

That said, here's the New status of what the playtest will be:

Standard Map
Raging Hordes of Monsters (to keep the early game.....interesting)
Monarch dificulty (gulllllp!)
Diplo victory Disabled (I'm considering getting rid of diplo victory altogether for this particular mod)
All other standard vic conditions enabled
Everything else Random

My Civ: AVALANCHE (I should have the custom LH done tonight or tomorrow)

The Competition:

Shinra Corp. (requested by Reno)
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown

I'd suggest Alexandria or Ivalice, and perhaps Lindblum..but only because I like those three.

Drake Rlugia said:
I'd suggest Alexandria or Ivalice, and perhaps Lindblum..but only because I like those three.

Your wishes are granted! (especially convenient since all three are in the Med culture group :p)

So the contenders are:

AVALANCHE (me)
Shinra
Alexandria
Lindblum
Ivalice
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown

If nobody else picks anything before I start this story, I'm going to add Galbadia and Garden (just to see what happense :D) and probably Windhurst (so I can hopefully see my Mithra Ninjas in action).

MSTK: I don't see why this is the wrong forum. :confused: I'm just posting a thread that is basically the same as what Semulin did for his WH challenge. You see, I will be writing a story, but I've made this thread so that the readers could have their say without cluttering up the story thread (once I've got it started).

Im having some issues with the text folder of the mods, everytime I put them in the folder and start the game it crashes what do I need to do to fix this?

*Im new at this so please forgive any stupidity ^^;*

:wow: Holy bump! :bump:

Top Bottom