Final Fixes

I went through the python code (CvEventManager.py)
It has a line to check open borders : if eTeam.isOpenBorders(iTeam2):

The descriptions (help and strategy) are in \Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml, line 4481 to 4494.
I think we should replace the incomplete help "[ICON_BULLET]Grants you any tech known by 3 other players" with the strategy "Grants a technology to your civilization for free, if three players you have open borders agreements with already have it.), longer but accurate.

Code:
if numB( Building["Eyes and Ears"]) > 0:
			eTeam = gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam())
			listTeams = []
			for iPlayer2 in xrange(gc.getMAX_PLAYERS()):
				pPlayer2 = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer2)
				if (pPlayer2.isAlive() and iPlayer2 != iPlayer):
					iTeam2 = pPlayer2.getTeam()
					if eTeam.isOpenBorders(iTeam2):
						listTeams.append(gc.getTeam(iTeam2))
			if len(listTeams) >= 3:
				setTech 	= eTeam.setHasTech
				canResearch = pPlayer.canEverResearch
				for iTech in xrange(gc.getNumTechInfos()):
					if (canResearch(iTech)):
						if eTeam.isHasTech(iTech) == False:
							iCount = 0
							for i in xrange(len(listTeams)):
								if listTeams[i].isHasTech(iTech):
									iCount = iCount + 1
							if iCount >= 3:
								setTech(iTech, True, iPlayer, False, True)
								message(iPlayer,True,25,CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_EYES_AND_EARS_NETWORK_FREE_TECH",()),'AS2D_TECH_DING',1,'Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/Eyesandearsnetwork.dds',ColorTypes(8),iX,iY,True,True)

I am new here but an avid player. I like to try out all the features so have played many different games and discovered many bugs, from graphics to text, including major features. As I am not sure if I should post here, or there is some sort of excel spreadsheet tracking things down, I will just mention here some of the bugs I can think of the top of my head:

- Dwarf racial feature -1 movement point in hills and peaks terrain tiles does not work;
- Elven racial feature - 1 movement point in forests terrain tile does not work;
- Slay orcish promotion provides 30% vs orcish units but flavour text mentions 20%;
- No information in the Base Terrain (Civilopedia) for hills and peaks terrain tiles;
- There are no glacier terrain tiles, and the frost climate creates only frost/ terrain meaning Illians, for example, are not able to get any of their natural bonuses in glacier terrain;
- Possible to build Camp resource improvement without discovering Hunting technology (should not be);
- Leaders Cuao-Ixl and Veraato have no image;
- No longer possible to get a settler unit from a goodie hut on settler difficulty level.

Can provide printscreen is necessary.

For balance:
- Winterborn racial could provide a - 1 movement point in glacier/tundra terrain tiles for example;
- Ice tiles in ocean should provide some bonus for Illians, e.g. +2 food

If I can help with flavour text - there is a lot missing - please let me know what I need to do. I've a bit of time and I am happy to contribute.

This is truly the best mod - the real game in my opinion! - and hope it does not die!!

Hi Dunpeal,
Thanks for all these bug reports, I'll check them tomorrow.

We need a centralized place/spreadsheet to list bugs and corrections, but I don't know what solution is the best.
- I could create a new subject on this forum (+ : simple, and same place as other subjects, - : will become useless if I ever need to quit(should not happen while my brain is functional :p)
The main problem will arise for xml files that multiple people need to edit simultaneously (mainly those with the language strings)

- We could use a real source code repository (+ : complete, - : complex, and we have to check the license of FFH and RifE code)
(comparison of main hosting websites : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...urce-project-codeplex-google-code-sourceforge)

Any opinion welcome :)

Good night buds. I suggest you, Ronkhar, instead working with several versions of same XML file, put a new topic, and 1 post per bug. 1 post/ 1 bug and its code. Working every bug over 1 topic instead 1 file, and giving the final fixed file after doing all work, for free download.

1- Veraato has a portrait. I faced him today. Veerato from archos, ¿ayeh?

2- Forget history entrances in civpedia. Isnt a hurry right now.

3- About eyes and ears network: im not sure how it works; if works like Internet proyect, it worths the effort of building it. But if works like u said:

- if other 3 civ have open borders with you, and these 3 share the same tech, u will get it for free. Only 1 tech shared by other 3 civs with open borders with you...

If this is the case, the wonder doesnt worth the pain of wasting 1000 hammers, cuz with research, those 1k hammers can give you at least expensive 1 tech, without too much requisites.

Look at this pic:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 223
@Ronkhar - I am not XML savy but I'm pretty good with excel. Do you think a Google Docs excel with headings for bugs, url link for thread (incorporating Amon Ra's idea) would help organise the bugs flagged up and easy way to update/reference when fixed?

Imagine a couple of columns and colour coding... I volunteer to do this and keep it updated if you wish. I just observe your threads and update, you don't need to do much (or anything I think).

@Amon Ra -

1 - Cross-check with my print screen attached. Perhaps it is because you play a translated version? (cool by the way!)

2 -I understand Civ entries are not a priority but they add flavour, and players like it. Since I do it on my own time I would not mind trying it out.

Thanks for your replied, good to see some active players working hard to improve gaming experience!

Attachments

• Veraato.jpg
    Veraato.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 186
OK.
I'm starting a new thread, and creating a google spreadsheet for us to share.

@Amon Ra & Dunpeal : Can you pm me your gmail address so that you can edit the spreadsheet too ? (and anyone else willing to help too)

OK.
I'm starting a new thread, and creating a google spreadsheet for us to share.

@Amon Ra & Dunpeal : Can you pm me your gmail address so that you can edit the spreadsheet too ? (and anyone else willing to help too)

Great news, if you need any help creating the excel spreadsheet let me know (since I cannot help with XML).

Sent you a PM with my google mail.

Go us :)

Dumpeal, im working with traslations but any of us are applying it ingame by the moment, so im playing with the raw 1.41 version. I just installed 1.4 from Desura, then updated to 1,41 fix and finally applied Theflame patch v0.3. In that order.

So u surelly installed from an outdated source.

@Amon Ra - Then it must be some sort of bug because I did exactly what you did, and re-installed again the same way, and the same thing happened :/

@Dunpeal: The Dwarf/Elf movement bonuses DO work, however if you are used to them having double move in those terrains it works differently than you might think. Basically, Move 1 units no longer get the benefit, and if a tiles is hills/forest, then an elf (for example) still pays the movement penalty as if it were a hill.

But if you try moving Move 2 elven units across flatland forests, you will see that the bonus is being applied.

Also, I think being able to build a camp without hunting is intentional, just like you can build farms, mines, and cottages without the tech. Now that camps can be built on any forest, I think they are considered one of the "basic improvements". Hunting does make them build faster, though.

@MaxAstro: Hmm, not so sure about that, I tried with a dwarf scout:
dwarf: -1 movement in hills
scount: movement 2
from a grassland hill to a grassland hill (for example) and it takes up all 2 movement points!

I think what is going on is that hills technically cost 3 movement. Either that or it is broken for dwarves - it definitely works for elves.

How do speed 3 dwarves move across hills? I don't have time to test it myself right now or I would.

@MaxAstro - I tried with units with 2, 3 and 4 movement (by giving promotions that add movement) and the same result. I tried for race dwarf, elves and alfar, same result. Maybe other players need to test it. Are you using all the modmodmod installed inc FF0.3?

Hi Rife team! SO SO SO awsome that you guys are doing this, thanks. :D

A quick question/comment about bugs:

In the old forums I (among others) used to raise issues with MP. Specifically, OOS errors in play (like when a barbarian archer fires, etc.) and also at times CTDs and Fatal CTDs.

Can you guys do some work on that? MP is so important for a lot of us out here, it really adds a lot and allows some real competition when the AI gets just too easy. (We used to play on highest difficulty and the AI just didn't cut it, so looking forward to your tweeks.)

If you have already discussed this in the forum, sorry, direct me to it, I just found your new log today and didn't know any work was being done (almost gave up on Rife after 1.4 and CIV in general when I played 5).

Thanks again,
M

Hi Rife team! SO SO SO awsome that you guys are doing this, thanks. :D

A quick question/comment about bugs:

In the old forums I (among others) used to raise issues with MP. Specifically, OOS errors in play (like when a barbarian archer fires, etc.) and also at times CTDs and Fatal CTDs.

Can you guys do some work on that? MP is so important for a lot of us out here, it really adds a lot and allows some real competition when the AI gets just too easy. (We used to play on highest difficulty and the AI just didn't cut it, so looking forward to your tweeks.)

If you have already discussed this in the forum, sorry, direct me to it, I just found your new log today and didn't know any work was being done (almost gave up on Rife after 1.4 and CIV in general when I played 5).

Thanks again,
M

I only played MP coop once recently (RifE 1.41+FF 0.3).
We had no OOS problem in the whole game.
You should update and give it another try with your friends.
Please report the success or failure of the experience :p

I'm looking for anyone with Python, DLL, XML, any experience who's willing to help me with my RFC Germania mod. Click the link in my signature!

Top Bottom