Final Frontier art in C2C?

Lepticidio

Chieftain
Hi, I am guessing this is not a new idea, but why isnt C2C using Final Frontier textures and models in space?

I have tried to use some models, and to modify the xml of the but I am unsure of how to add art in C2C in general. I tried creating an "UnpackedArt" folder inside Assets, and to copy the Final Frontier art there, and then I modified the ArtDefines_Feature.xml inside the Pepper2000 folder in Modules to change the name of the file of a feature to the new one, but it doesnt seem to work?

I could use some orientation in how to add art to the mod in general.

I think some of it already is in use here. That said, space as it is now is ... more of a testing zone than anything. Which arts were you looking to include and for what?

My first try was changing the "blue dwarf" and "blue giant" features into the "blue sun" of final frontier, as the models of interstellar terrain are what are kinda bothering me the most.

That is a shame. It is a bit of a bummer that space is a "testing zone", this mod is awesome but I was looking forward to playing with space stuff and I was a bit dissapointed. I've just starting playing with it though, I havent even got to the information era, so maybe later stuff is great, at least gameplay-wise.

That is a shame. It is a bit of a bummer that space is a "testing zone", this mod is awesome but I was looking forward to playing with space stuff and I was a bit dissapointed. I've just starting playing with it though, I havent even got to the information era, so maybe later stuff is great, at least gameplay-wise.
AI won't be able to play into space - it's just sandbox right now. We're still working on a lot to get us there.

Ok, so after a bit of experimenting I got to change the stars that are features into the star models of final frontier. https://imgur.com/a/k5afVAI The stars that are terrain are problematic, as terrain apparently cant have a .nif model. I am having trouble adding the black holes, although I am not sure why. The Planet features should be easy, though

Ok, so after a bit of experimenting I got to change the stars that are features into the star models of final frontier. https://imgur.com/a/k5afVAI The stars that are terrain are problematic, as terrain apparently cant have a .nif model. I am having trouble adding the black holes, although I am not sure why. The Planet features should be easy, though
It is intentional to have star terrain, as its separate map category from interstellar space, just like cislunar space and Moon.
Otherwise there would be need for autobuilt that requires those star-features in vicinity, and then Plasma mapcategory buildings would require that autobuilding instead.

Also they have their own small set of improvements that can be created on this terrain, but that can be changed to require feature instead.

Top Bottom