Final Frontier: Multiplayer Maps

Harewood

Warlord
If there is anybody out there interested in helping me to create some MP maps I would indeed be indebted to your assistance!

I'm interested in creating some really fun maps for use in future multiplayer tournaments on the civ4players ladder and I have some great ideas ready to be converted into a playable map.

I'm interested in creating some really fun maps for use in future multiplayer tournaments on the civ4players ladder

Hi Harewood,
having played games like MOO3 and GalCiv2, I guess I have to ask what you mean by the statement "really fun maps"? This is a relatively subjective statement. I have played with the FF Map Generator, and I do find the Map Generator highly flexible with what it has available to it, however when you start to go into building AIs into scenarios and/ or PBEMs, then it seems to still be in development here.
Anyways, from my perspective can you explain what you mean by "really fun maps"? What do you define as "fun"?

i'm afraid if i tried to explain my definition of fun i would probably be sitting here all day.
But i can give you an example of what im talking about.

The map is divided into several sections (depending on how many players) with borders defined by nebula that have 3 - 4 tile wide passages through them. So control of the passages is of prime importance!!! Oh the battles that would rage inbetween those passages!!!
Each map section would be entirely balanced with regards to resources and star systems.

One of things I've thought of would be to build a Spaceship Graveyard (a la David Brin's "Startide Rising") with a loose grouping of derelicts located equidistant from each human player, and reveal that section of the map to all the human players. The human players would of course immediately gravitate towards the relics, hoping to get there first and claim the prizes. Of course along the way some "surprises" could be placed in the paths of the humans, which they would then need to negotiate in order to claim their share of the relics.
Also, since the humans would be initially focused on this "quest", then if there are any AIs in the game they would benefit as they would have some time to establish and spread themselves.

that sounds like a good idea for a map too!! now all we need is somebody to help us code the maps lol

While Final Frontier has no realism at all you can as well make a map of the galaxy. I think it would look awsome and it might even be playable if every civ gets one ore a half arm. ;)

Top Bottom