Finding out where World Wonders have been built?

WFU03

Chieftain
Is there any way to do this? I would prefer not to raze cities with world wonders, but I can't see to figure out where they are located. Have I just missed it or is this info not readily available?

Apart from actually seeing it in the city on the map (the most obvious being the Great Wall)... not that I know of.

Is there any way to do this? I would prefer not to raze cities with world wonders, but I can't see to figure out where they are located. Have I just missed it or is this info not readily available?

It's not. You get "ping" and a message who actually built it only if the city in question is visible (i.e. not in clouds).

This is one thing that I particularly dislike about the UI right now. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but as far as I can tell you can't see precisely the details of a conquered city (a la "Wait, let me examine the city first..."). I don't know if this is just an oversight or something intended with the new puppet mechanic, but I'd prefer more detailed information on the buildings that a city has before I decide whether I want to annex, puppet or raze.

Yeah, later on in the game I don't know what to tell you. It appears that you are not able to raze cities that were once capitols, however, and earlier on in the game I would think most wonders will be built in the capitol by the AI.

Another thing along the lines of what hunhau said - when you whup an AI to the point of a peace deal that includes cities - it would be nice to at least have map control right after you accept the deal. As it stands you get a series of pop-ups, one for each city in the deal, asking annex/puppet/raze. I guess it would pay to have some awareness of your opponent's cities beforehand, but still, a little map control would be nice. You still won't get to see the inside of the city, but at least a chance to see the location, resources, any possible wonders, etc... Am I missing something, or is this everyone's experience in this situation as well?

Yeah, it is a little irksome. What I normally do is pick the puppet option since that's the only choice that you can go back and change at a later date.

There is a bug though about accepting puppet cities in trade (like a peace deal) and then being stuck with the game asking you to change production - something you are unable to do. Haven't run across it though so I'm not sure if you can work around it or not.

This is one thing that I particularly dislike about the UI right now. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but as far as I can tell you can't see precisely the details of a conquered city (a la "Wait, let me examine the city first..."). I don't know if this is just an oversight or something intended with the new puppet mechanic, but I'd prefer more detailed information on the buildings that a city has before I decide whether I want to annex, puppet or raze.
Agreed totally, I was very annoyed to find this out.

Yeah, it is a little irksome. What I normally do is pick the puppet option since that's the only choice that you can go back and change at a later date.

There is a bug though about accepting puppet cities in trade (like a peace deal) and then being stuck with the game asking you to change production - something you are unable to do. Haven't run across it though so I'm not sure if you can work around it or not.

The 'Change Production' bug happens when you finish production on something in the same turn you accept the peace treaty/trade. If you wait a turn, it will work.

Is there any penalty to annexing a city and then immediately razing that same turn? You get the same unhappiness penalties and it takes the same amount of time to burn as far as I know, and you get to see if there are any wonders.

It's really annoying not being able to check what has been built in the cities you have as puppets. You may be sitting on a stack of wonders unaware of their presence. Bit daft if you ask me.

You do have the visual indicators. The wonders are iconic and on the map...hardly a good listing.

Choosing to raze from the capture menu has exactly the same effect as annexing and then razing, so if those are your two options(You don't want to puppet the city) then simply annex it, take a look, and see if you want to raze or not.

I don't know whether or not puppeted cities still give you wonder bonuses, which is the real place where there is a choice about this....

Top Bottom