Finding the Second Continent

dalgo

Emperor
When playing on a Continents map I usually use suicide galleys to find the other continent, but there is another way. In my current game I was still exploring my own continent when I dropped off a mounted warrior from a galley. He was automatically expelled the next turn and landed here:

Sure enough that was the second continent with all new territory to explore and new civs to meet. I have had that happen to me once before with a galley, but this was the first time I've managed to do it with a ground unit. In this case my galley was also expelled but it just found a nearby free coastal tile, however there obviously weren't any free land tiles closer than the new continent for my mounted warrior.

I must admit I'm not too sure the correct procedure to upload and use screenshots. In the above instance I uploaded the pic to my attachments and then used the URL in the post. However when I look at those attachments now that pic is missing. I'll try again.

Attachments

• Iroquois 13.jpg
    Iroquois 13.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 650
This time I used 'manage attachments' instead of 'insert image'. That resulted in the thumbnail above which is not what I wanted. So I replaced the URL in my original post with the new one from my attachments, I hope that works.

Can someone explain the correct procedure to use, or point me to an appropriate FAQ?

I can now see the pic in the first post, and the thumbnail in in the fourth. For pics, I don't use attachments. I simply open Imageshack in a tab other than the one in which CFC is open, upload the pic to Imageshack (which will then generate several codes for different uses), copy the forum code, and paste it into my post on CFC.

Either procedure will work fine. I used to attach all my screenshots to my posts, but after playing a few too many SGs :mischief:, I ran out of storage space for my user account here. Now I use imageshack for images and Manage Attachments for saves.

Pretty much any image-hosting service or personal web space will work.

Anyway, seems like an interesting exploit, if you can manage to pull it off.

Send off a galley (or, in conquests, a curragh) into the ocean. Keep it traveling in a straight line until it spies land or sinks.

How does the suicide galley method work?

the information above is good but I want to add that you should use your experience of maps in other games to direct your choice of where to send off your suicide galleys and currahs. it doesn't always work but I have decent luck finding continents from enlightened guesswork.

Top Bottom