Fine till I click the "Start your journey" button

Did you delete the saved games files?

C\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Saves\Single -> Auto & Quick

Yes, I did. But there were only ordinary saves, nothing close to 6gb save files.

Please provide a Dxdiag.

What does this mean, how do i do that?

Hit the "Windows key" and "R", type in Dxdiag, hit enter. A menu will appear, with a save option at the right bottom. Do this, save it as a file and attach it here. We are able to see what system and drivers you have with this file.

OK, here you go. I already mentioned my configuration is fairly weak, however I am able to run CIV5 deluxe without any problems, and the expansion loads fine as well. The issue is associated with the game I guess.
Please, see the file below:

Attachments

• DxDiag_K.txt
    52.7 KB · Views: 124
Have you tried this:

1. Open up your config.ini
2. Look for the following line: EnableGameCoreThreading = 1
3. Change it to: EnableGameCoreThreading = 0

Have you tried this:

1. Open up your config.ini
2. Look for the following line: EnableGameCoreThreading = 1
3. Change it to: EnableGameCoreThreading = 0

Yes I did that. The game load speed significantly improved but the interface remained bugged. maybe something is wrong with the game :))

Well I have no idea what I did this time, BUT the game actually began for me. I really don't know how. Many thanks to all of you who helped me.

Hmm, it looks like the command gamecoretgreading keeps changing to 1 automatically each turn. How can I possibly disable that?

:hmm: that shouldn't really happen.
First, you should directly after the change check again if it's still turned off.
If yes, then make a right click on the .ini, go to properties and set the write protection on the file.
Might mess with the default settings ingame, but well, I guess there are worse things.

If it keeps changing, then steam keeps thinking it needs changing? Maybe turn off auto update in the game properties in the steam library?

Yeah I got over that. I don't know, it didnt change the setting after the last time I modified it. hmm very strange. I still receive two errors. One is that does not bother me, the game just fails to read nebuchedenazzer's leaderhead picture at the beginning of the game and when I'm about to choose a civ, there is only a red background instead of nebuchedenazzer. That's ok.
Second, has only happened when I chose france as for now. It says, "unable to load texture [CivSymbolWhite32_DLC_D.dds]. What's that about? The message appears several times after ending each turn :mad:
I'll attach it here.

Attachments

• error.rar
    7.8 KB · Views: 137
Yeah, I got the solution. Fine now, the game works for me. Thanks everyone for helping me:)

Yeah I got over that. I don't know, it didnt change the setting after the last time I modified it. hmm very strange. I still receive two errors. One is that does not bother me, the game just fails to read nebuchedenazzer's leaderhead picture at the beginning of the game and when I'm about to choose a civ, there is only a red background instead of nebuchedenazzer. That's ok.
Second, has only happened when I chose france as for now. It says, "unable to load texture [CivSymbolWhite32_DLC_D.dds]. What's that about? The message appears several times after ending each turn :mad:
I'll attach it here.

I have just the same problem. What solved ur problem? i m trying to follow several instructions given in this thread.. :|

Same thing happens to me on my mac. I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it and the same thing keeps happening.

This problem is because of the corrupt BabylonianNebuchadnezzarTextures.fpk file in the folder Resouces>DX9> u can start a new game by manually selecting all the other civilizations other than "Babylon" from advanced option to rule out Babylon. Then the game will start normally.

Hello! I had the same problem, and as someone mentioned I looked through the autosaves... I had one taking 12 GB! CAn you believe that!?! I deleted all saves including that one (I didn't delete the ones in the folders called "prev" and "quick". It works fine now

Update: Just lowered the screen resolution until everything worked, I left everything else on high detail and it works well now.

Update: Just lowered the screen resolution until everything worked, I left everything else on high detail and it works well now.

Top Bottom