Firaxis Devs Q&A - Send me your questions!

Well, we know what having the Pan-Asian Cooperative as a sponsor does now. We also learned that promotions from Civ V are returning and are separate from the perks. We can choose when the other factions arrive (nice). :)

Alright, I have looked through these and worked with Rob (R8XFT) and some of the other awesome CivFanatics mods and admins here to come up with this list...

FWIW, questions asked were 5 of 6 from this post. Good questions, good answers, but of course, it all just leaves us all wanting more!

I don't want to be a malcontent but if the idea of these Q&As is to reveal new information, please don't cut and paste from existing sources. Even if you just rephrase what's already known, we will at least have some new lines to read between.
This way it's a bit frustrating.

I don't want to be a malcontent but if the idea of these Q&As is to reveal new information, please don't cut and paste from existing sources. Even if you just rephrase what's already known, we will at least have some new lines to read between.
This way it's a bit frustrating.
I agree. But unfortunately, I don't see each Q&A revealing much at once. I want to blame people for asking unambitious/dull questions (sometimes with obvious answers) such as "Could you advise what the starting advantage is of one of the already revealed factions?", "How many turns will we have at the start of a game of Beyond Earth before other factions arrive? Will they then all arrive at once?" or "Is there multiplayer?". But in the end, it's the devs the ones who actually pick which questions to answer, and they'll generally go for the most mundane to avoid disclosing much in a single opportunity.

They won't reveal all the factions at once, for instance, or all the possible units, or victory conditions. It's part of the hype-building, regrettably. If it's anything like the road to XCOM Enemy Unknown release, there will be 'bursts' of significant reveals every now and then, and thorough stinginess and rehashes of existing information inbetween. :p

The big disclosure of this particular Q&A is the virtues mechanic. The rest is either known, common sense, or just small things (like the PAC being industrious).

I agree. But unfortunately, I don't see each Q&A revealing much at once. I want to blame people for asking unambitious/dull questions (sometimes with obvious answers) such as "Could you advise what the starting advantage is of one of the already revealed factions?", "How many turns will we have at the start of a game of Beyond Earth before other factions arrive? Will they then all arrive at once?" or "Is there multiplayer?". But in the end, it's the devs the ones who actually pick which questions to answer, and they'll generally go for the most mundane to avoid disclosing much in a single opportunity.

They won't reveal all the factions at once, for instance, or all the possible units, or victory conditions. It's part of the hype-building, regrettably. If it's anything like the road to XCOM Enemy Unknown release, there will be 'bursts' of significant reveals every now and then, and thorough stinginess and rehashes of existing information inbetween. :p

The big disclosure of this particular Q&A is the virtues mechanic. The rest is either known, common sense, or just small things (like the PAC being industrious).

Virtues mechanic is old news....(bought...bonuses for both deep and wide)

Actual new news (even if not surprising)
1. PAC=production bonus
2. Both promotions (combat for individual unit) and upgrades(affinity for all of certain unit)
3. Virtues are bought with culture (confirmed..implied before)

Not much but useful confirmations

Since they dodged the GP question, maybe they are preparing a blog post just on that.

Ok boys I have a question which is simple, doesn't reveal too much but many people are interested in it:

Does Panasian Cooperative include also India ?

Generally speaking, please reveal 1 - 2 more factions :)

Ok boys I have a question which is simple, doesn't reveal too much but many people are interested in it:

Does Panasian Cooperative include also India (I hope not)? Faction including India + China + SEA is as ignorant as creating faction with USA + Russia + entire Europe but if it is the case we would love to know that :(

Speak for yourself. It's Firaxis' sci fi version of the not so near future and it's perfectly possible to have all kinds of cooperations between nations.

1. What kind of tile yields exist in the game? Will there be a different kind of tile yield?
2. Will there be a better balance between ranged and melee units? (i.e. have you accepted that there were some issues in CiV?)

Yeah, I see the build-up too. I am hopeful for new information, and I am guessing that Firaxis is feeling like the players swarm around their ankles like a herd of cats, but they are only giving us small pieces to keep us sated for now. The bigger reveal, the true juicy piece (or carrot/other vegetable/fruit, if you have reservations against meat) may be during E3. I kinda hope not, if only for the fact that I want to see more information sooner, but that could be the way it is.

Question:
Where does alien lifeform spawn from? Like barbarian camps or are there some kind of alien city-states?

Question:
Where does alien lifeform spawn from? Like barbarian camps or are there some kind of alien city-states?
The PC Gamer UK preview implied aliens spawn from nests/colonies, which get riled when attacked, and become more aggressive with every loss. The concept itself reminds me of native villages in the original Colonization, but there's been no mention of indigenous alien sapience in CivBE, just xeno-animals.

Top Bottom