"Fire" Developer Diary

Ah, but you don't have to play as him.
I could see some good civs deliberately found the Veil (though not adopt it) in an effort to kill Hyborem before he gets a chance to become a major power. It'd be risky if you're not prepared for it, but it would also eliminate a potential (and powerful) rival.

I imagine it'd be pretty easy to prevent certain civs from founding the Veil at all, much as occurs with Cult of the Dragon at present.

Since the AV could be founded in a few cities of their empire the player couldn't just stack their whole army in the one place. Also the Infernals need to be sufficiently powerful to make them an attractive option to switch to from your old civ - therefore Hyborem and co. would have to be rather powerful even when they first spawn.

I had been wondering for a while why the forums here seemed a little slow lately but now I know why: the lack of QES. :agree:with this quote seeing as he's an idea hurricane.

Hence my love of Kael and team for introducing Lightning as an element to be reckoned with.

As I see it, Weather is nigh impossible to implement - however this is not to say that certain spells could not emulate weather at its worst? What would a huricane look like in civ? I do only hope that at it's center would be a small 8-bit figure with a top hat, umbrella and monocle.

-Qes

I also agree with the idea of being able to turn off the "hell spawn". From what I have read so far about hell my first impression is "oh another bad neighbor to deal with". :cry: Having said that, I am anxiouslyl awaiting more information that may change my mind.

I also agree with the idea of being able to turn off the "hell spawn". From what I have read so far about hell my first impression is "oh another bad neighbor to deal with". :cry: Having said that, I am anxiouslyl awaiting more information that may change my mind.

Hyborem most likely won't be your immediate neighbor unless you found the Veil and in that case once you open Pandora's Box you get what you deserve. ;)

I think we need more bad neighbors personally.

Hyborem most likely won't be your immediate neighbor unless you found the Veil and in that case once you open Pandora's Box you get what you deserve. ;)

I think we need more bad neighbors personally.

I'll be your bad neighbor woodelf.

I'll come over, asking for sugar, spill it on your couch - flip through your television channels (without your premission, while you were trying to record a program you like) - then I'll root through your medicine cabinet and steal your nacho cheese doritos while singing in your shower - mind you, I'll use your bathrobe and towel.

I promise to sing loudly.

-Qes

Or you could *become* that bad neighbour!:D

It really depends if you found AV often or never... In my games as the Khazad, elves, or amurites, I never found AV. Runes, Leaves or The Order are what I prefer...

But when playing as the Calabim, I like to found AV to get Mardero (this is because I roleplay my games)... founding the AV to get Mardero and seeing Hyborem right by your side with an army of demons is to piss your pants...

I almost piss my pants when after installing patch J found the AV with the Calabim and a great demon spawn by my capital. Losha died for his civ to continue (and she was already a level 6 or more!), but it was real fun!!!

I think will see in the Fire phase a sentence like "over 300 new units" in FFH2!!! Hitting firaxis in the nose! I loved it...

Now gorillas... maybe we'll get next invisible space-faring cockroaches??? just kidding, keep them coming. I hope you guys get the khorne greater demon from Warhammer Fantasy mod for Civ IV I saw yesterday in their forum...

Some Questions regarding forest fires:
You said some units like fire elements can start fires:
Only in enemy lands or also in your own?
Because that would be a big nuiasance.
Also the spread of fires reminds of civ2 & pollution:
Just have 30 units ready to clean up/ put the fire out.
Hopefully it wont end that way(or at least hace a automatic feature).

There is a chance each turn that smoke will turn into a full fire like you see in the screenshot. Once that is done that forest is gone and it could spread smoke to the surrounding tiles. The forest could grow back just as tiles bordering forests have a chance to turn into forests now.

Is it true that forests have a chance to spread right now ? I thought they don't and I assumed it's because of the introduction of the spell Bloom, because I don't remember ever seeing a forest spread in FFH2.

Now gorillas... maybe we'll get next invisible space-faring cockroaches??? just kidding, keep them coming.

I for one would like to see racial summons instead of the plain tiger.

Is it true that forests have a chance to spread right now ? I thought they don't and I assumed it's because of the introduction of the spell Bloom, because I don't remember ever seeing a forest spread in FFH2.

I actually wondered the same thing. I see jungles grow like crazy but never has a forest grown for me in FFH and when I played vanilla civ and heard the sound of something growing, I was wondering if another jungle grew and found out that it was actually a forest.

How is the banish spell (spell that sends unit to hell) going to be handled now? Would that spell just instantly give Hyborem the banished unit or would the spell just remain the way it is now (kills the unit)?

I had an image of a huge Forest fire raging beyond control, and me using the tidal wave spell, swamping three or four coastal tiles, and putting out those fires... will the Tidal Wave spell have anything to do against fires?

Greetings guys, i used to be a regular in this sub forum but i have come back because i can hardly await fire!

Those screenshots look very cool kael, and i was wondering... do you think it will be several months before a playable version of fire is released?

I dont need a release date. Is it a month or longer?

Are you almost done? :please:

I absolutely love FFH. In fact no other mod for civ4 comes close to it. I cant stand any of the other ones.

We are targeting Feburary 16th and our release date for the first version of "Fire".

Of course everything won't be done, just as it wasn't for the first version of "Light". But it should be fun, playable and far enough along to start getting playtest feedback from all of you guys.

That early? Damnit all, I hate you guys! How am I supposed to choose between Fire and GalCivII: Dark Avatar?!

Seriously, though; I'd expected the first public version to be out only around March at the earliest. Further proof that the FFH team always surprises and never dissapoints.;)

That early? Damnit all, I hate you guys! How am I supposed to choose between Fire and GalCivII: Dark Avatar?!

Seriously, though; I'd expected the first public version to be out only around March at the earliest. Further proof that the FFH team always surprises and never dissapoints.;)

You dont have to decide..., cause no other game comes close to FfH ;)
well, the first release will be for all those who cant await testing and helping to balance all the new cool features,
regarding the art and fine tuning, feb the 16th wont show off too much new, but hell`s forges are glowing and believe me the creature smithies are working hard :)

Top Bottom