Fire Tuner - simple way to hack your game

Victoria

Regina
Supporter
Give yourself a few modern armour units at the start fully upgraded as scouts to help a little bit?
Do you want to start with any Civic/tech you desire?
Do you want a million gold?
Do you want to see the cute cavalry animations?
and more, non invasive fully supported tool
I had a play, am no expert ... 10 mins and you are using it

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/simple-fire-tuner-for-units-upgrades.26150/

Can you use it to modify starting locations? Like adding ressources, forests or hills?

I admit I often reload the map until I have a start I'll enjoy.
Being able to add/remove terrain features would make the task much easier.

I've played around with it but couldn't figure out how to assign ownership of a tile, at least not with any of the default panels. Maybe possible in console? But then I'd need to know the coordinates of the tile I want to assign...

Firetuner is an invaluable tool for testing mods, since it can properly access anything in the database (to my knowledge), including stuff added by mods. Originally I was using the Beyond Earth Firetuner with Civ VI (it seemed to work!), but having an official Civ VI one is probably better.

Can you use it to modify starting locations? Like adding ressources, forests or hills?

I admit I often reload the map until I have a start I'll enjoy.
Being able to add/remove terrain features would make the task much easier.

guilty here. if its a dull start, i'll feel dull playing it. i'm not all that picky, and often i'll take the first roll, but sometimes it takes 2-4 rolls before the map feels right

For more fun with the Fire Tuner look here :)

What I'd really like is:
  • A way to temporarily show map so you can move starting positions around at the start of a game without permanently revealing the map (Civ6 is so bad at this - civs are always clamped together and sometimes all civs are one one continent and all CS on another!)
  • A way to teleport units (like in IGE for Civ5)
And there's probably more - for example I'd like to be able to give my city (or other cities) production, e.g. to say that they have now produced 50 hammers out of a total of 90 for a certain building/unit, ... (I made this in the Fire Tuner from Civ5 but I haven't found the code yet for Civ6).

\Skodkim

I would so love IGE for Civ6. sigh.

I was kinda fun at times to fire up Deity, and then boost a bit to start even with them.
hmmm...

How did you get those tabs shown in your .pdf? Firetuner shows nada for me. (connects, but no tabs) Have to make them I presume, but umf.

EDIT: nvm, found it. debug folder of the game has the panels to load.

oh yeah, can have some fun with this. hee.

Gonna mess with the AI bigtime....

Last edited:
oddly, it did not open them by default for me. However, I did find them. odd that.
hmm, it remembers what tabs you had open (opened another one)

some digging to do here.
It does work though, and yep, lotsa fun. :)

Ok, have almost all the elements of IGE working. hee.

Haven't been able to change a tile from one type to another yet, but can ADD things to a tile.

Want more fish around your shipyard/seaport? Buncha useless ice tiles? Add oil.
Need production? No iron, coal?

To quote the Kool-Aid guy: Oh yeahhhh!

Units are fun, although Apostles just dropped in are only good for attacking other religious units, and for outside your civ.
Inside, they don't seem to do much at all. (is fun to promote them all, run past a natural wonder and send'em off)
Although, when they defeat another unit, you see the drop in their religion, didn't see the increase in mine.

Need to test that more.

Mind you, if you buy the apostle first, promote with whatever he has, then promote more via FT, he works normally.
(China was sending groups of 3-6 apostles at me with 2 promotions. Fine, here's my group.)

The Fire Tuner is great. My only complaint is that it's to easy to use at times. As long as I'm playing a game where I never used it I'm usually OK. But once I use it I find myself reaching for it every time I'm in a difficult situation.

On a related note. Is it possible to get Steam achievements after using Fire Tuner?

oddly, it did not open them by default for me. However, I did find them. odd that.
hmm, it remembers what tabs you had open (opened another one)

some digging to do here.
It does work though, and yep, lotsa fun. :)

How did you eventually get the tabs to populate correctly in Firetuner? Mine is also without tabs by default even though it shows connected. I have alternated starting a new game and then launching fireturner and vice-versa but no luck.

Top Bottom