First Deity Win...exploiting Kongo

BubbaYeti

Warlord
I was curious if anybody else has used this exploit?

I wanted to try to win at Deity level, so I played with Rome against Kongo on a duel sized continents map. I went for a religion victory since Kongo can't found their own religion, and the win was very easy (I won the game by about 500 BC). The only challenge was defending my three cities against an early war they declared...but I saw it coming and had archers and walls in place, so no real problem. After the peace, I just sent a bunch of missionaries in and that was that.

Yes, lots of us 'found' it before the game was released.

You can also win on turn 1 through score by playing Aztec with max turns of 1

I won at Deity by unlocking the achievement with Steam Achievement Manager, I recommend it to anyone having trouble on deity difficulty.

Try playing Kongo.
I'm watching my neighbor creating a religion while scratching my neck in frusteration. Just give it to me! Give me that sweet sweet religion, so I can spam free apostles everywhere.

Try playing Kongo.
I'm watching my neighbor creating a religion while scratching my neck in frusteration. Just give it to me! Give me that sweet sweet religion, so I can spam free apostles everywhere.

What is the point of spamming apostles when religion yields laughable benefits and you can't even win a religious victory with Kongo? When I played Kongo I had so many extra apostles lying around I didn't know what to do with. Caveat: It is indeed useful if you have Mont St Michel or Yerevan but if not, I see no point in having a million apostles.

Get a religion with crusade. Send those apostles with the army. As they convert all your units get +10 combat strength, which is a huge bonus.

Its all luck if someone gets that belief, but dang its strong.

Get a religion with crusade. Send those apostles with the army. As they convert all your units get +10 combat strength, which is a huge bonus.

Its all luck if someone gets that belief, but dang its strong.

Ah thanks for the tip. In the game I had, the belief I was SUPPOSED to inherit was +2 gold per city with that belief, but I didn't even end up getting that benefit (bug??), so it was useless, other than the religious building. The rest of the beliefs had to do with spreading it.

Other good ones are reliquaries, which triple relic yields. And work ethics which gives one of the few multiplicative bonuses to production. 1℅ per person following the religion, on a civ known for its massive populations. Otherwise, yeah, lots of bad ones, but its always useful as a defense against religious victories. If only their was a way to store apostles away somewhere.

I like to force them to live in the poles, out of sight :p

When I played Kongo (also at Deity) I switched off Religious Victory. I thought I might be in for a rough time against the AI who already spaz out and mass produce religious units at lower difficulties. I think I ended up with a domination victory that game. Romans were tough to beat on their home turf.

Top Bottom