1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Look: Scythia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Sansa_Stark, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I bet Scythia is the replacement for the Huns. I wonder if Tomyris is speaking Ossetian, are Ossetian speakers hard to find? Could be using Persian though?

2. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

I feel like they could have done a bit more, seems like the Civ VI version of the Huns but not too bad. I would have liked the team to develop a more groundbreaking gameplay style for nomadic civs but maybe we'll have to wait for the Mongols

3. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Don't like her helmet very much. It is probably a decent representation, but personally just don't like how the horns look on it.

4. IdiotStyle

IdiotStyle Warlord

Why do they have 2 different colors? are her color brown and red then? or yellow and purple?

5. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

I love that story. Unfortunately at least according to Wikipedia there are competing accounts as to how Cyrus died and historians aren't sure which are true.

6. skyclad

skyclad Prince

Please stop this "horse units that dont require horses" :crazyeye: We had it in civ5 and it seems to be coming back with a vengeance.
    Either make only stuff like elephants and camels for those units, or give these civs a starting bias with at least 2 horses in their capital. That's enough to start and you can always conquer or settle more.

7. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

The latter. The video implies she denounced a player who surprise DoW'ed teddy Roosevelt.

8. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

The latter, for obvious reasons.

9. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

You get both a Warmonger penalty mid-late game (there's decreased penalties in early game) on top of Agenda Penalty (i.e they dislike you because you fulfill/fail their agenda)

10. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

I think it is possible that this applies only in cities with encampment. In video one spawns in city and one in encampment, and I think we already witnessed in some cases that they were not 100% accurate in these videos. But that's obviously only speculation on my part.

11. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Vs anybody.

12. isau

isau Deity

The video shows a French player declaring war on America, so it's implied she'll come for anyone who starts a Surprise War, even if she's not initially involved.

13. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

You can declare justified war in 2 cases:
    - Against nation which denounced you.
    - Against nation you denounced and after X turns from denunciation.

But denunciations are unlocked with some civic not immediately.

14. Ll1442

Ll1442 Chieftain

it did look like you had to have an encampment for the other one to spawn there, so maybe only if u put an effort into getting the bonus

kinda like it, its like the Chinese great wall, and some of the other bonus, where u actually have to do something to get that civ bonus

15. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I'm guessing the yellow and purple might be from an earlier build. Either that or it's a multiplayer map and two players are playing as Scythia.

16. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Its really important for those civs with early game units. Since you don't have time to explore/settle more, if your unique requires something and you get a garbo start then it complete nullifies it through no fault of your own. It would just be unfun design so its good they remove it.

17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Given that around the time the Big August Info was dropped, a new pass on colors was made.

It's possible that the dark golden and red is their new color or that they inherited a fainter version of Egyptian colors from Civ 5.

18. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

can someone please write out their uniques for people who cant watch yet :cry:

19. Lord of War N02

Lord of War N02 Grand Master of the East

Scythia, Civ that never appeared in the game before but they did appeared in the mods of Civ 4 & 5

20. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

Early conquest to religious victory sound like a good strategy for them.

Their unique abilities should give them a very huge advantage in the early game and if you can not take cities you should atleast be able to pillage the improvements and districts of other civs before you take them out a bit later.

With their early game domination they should be able to build the largest empire on the map and each city they build mean an extra holy district so more cities translate into more faith and their unique improvement will both help them field the largest army in the world as well giving them the most dominant religion.