First Time Cultural Victory

Grimus

I
Hello all,

Last night I decided to pursue my first ever cultural victory. I usually win by Domination or Space Race, with I think one Diplomatic Victory under my belt.

Anyway, I usually go Random when choosing my leaders, but since I've intentionally chosen my strategy before even beginning the game and since it's my first time trying this out, I wanted to choose the best of the best for this play style.

My choice was good ol' Qin of the Chinese (Good choice?). It was a choice between either China or Ethiopia, but I went with China and Qin specifically since he is Industrious.

I figured with Industrious you can get MONSTER culture just spamming wonders. I'm playing on Prince for this game. I think I went a little too crazy with the wonders and spammed a ton in my capital.

One thing I realized as I'm typing this is that I didn't manually assign my great people!! Arg! I'm under Caste System and should be making all artists, correct? While I was playing late last night I was just taking whatever great person happened to pop out. I actually received 2 Great Spys which was kind of a waste. When I get home later today I'll make them all artists.

Should I mass food in my other cities as well so that I can spam artists in them too? Generally you want to spam artists so that you can get the added culture plus culture bomb, right?

Also, since I was spamming wonders and things at the beginning I only managed to get 3 cities (I'm on a Standard size map with 8 civs). I was hoping to get at least 4 so I can get cathedrals of each religion within my 2 other cities. My capital doesn't really need the help of a cathedral anyway since it has rediculous culture already.

I also managed to found 4 religions as well and built all the designated shrines to them so they're helping me keep my slider at 100% between research and culture while still making a profit.

One other thing, the Cho Ko Nu's are so cool! As protective Qin, when I further upgrade their Drill promotions they wind up getting 3-4 first strikes easily, and that's only with a barracks giving xp.

Okay... I'll stop babbling...

Anyway, what are some general tips or guidlines to follow when pursuing this type of victory?

Top Bottom