Fix AI Peace Deal

berialima

Warlord
So I have a problem with Civ VI.

If I am invaded or invade someone, and eventually conquest their capital,they will never accept to cede the capital to me.

I tested, I conquered ALL but 1 small 2 population city from America, surrounded said city with tanks and machines guns, took 75% of the HP from the city and ended turn to see if he would suggest peace - He did, but refused to give Washington to me. Come my turn, I let the city with 10% HP and suggested peace (I had zero problems with Teddy, he was the one who DoW on me), he would accept to give me anything (even their great works of art) but not Washington. So I killed him out of the game.

And that happened twice in that game alone. There is a way to imbue "common sense" on the AI, so they can know that staying alive is better than their capital?

Probably not, since the 'fall of a capital' is tied to a domination victory. I would guess that it's probably hard coded somewhere, as I haven't seen anything in the AI stuff that even gives a hint a civ would give up it's capital.

Then again, that bit of AI logic (HA!) could very well be lurking in any number of files I haven't looked at.

It's not hard coded, but you have to trigger the "I must surrender or die" level of desperation. More or less, you need to take all but one city if you want to keep the capital.

It's not hard coded, but you have to trigger the "I must surrender or die" level of desperation. More or less, you need to take all but one city if you want to keep the capital.

But I did that, twice, with 2 diferent civs, to the point they had NO army and I had their city surrounded, no deal, they didnt gave me their capital.

I had the same experience actually. I didn't want to kill the civ off but they gave me no choice because they wouldn't cede.

Top Bottom