Fix for bug where workers keep stopping - please!

Mortaris

Chieftain
Hi,

Before I go off to the bug report area, I reckon I have a bug that the community knows about already.

It's the one where workers stop doing work they are told to do, so every turn you have to tell the worker to carry on.

The only way to get round this is to stick a military unit with it and then it feels safe enough to carry on.

I've read that some people think that if you are within 3 hexes of your border the worker can do this...I don't know. :crazyeye:

There are no barbarians around, it happens to every worker, though my 5 cities don't yet have very deep boarders yet.

Anyway, is there a fix for this?

Oh yes, that is it.

I googled my situation, but google is full of clutter nowadays.

Yep, I'm on Vanilla, and have set it to zero city states, so not that. It's not a barbarian situation. From what I could work out, it was caused by my workers acting as if an enemy unit is near when it is not.

Started after I went to war with the Aztecs and razed one of their cities then made peace. After that all my workers needed orders every turn unless I put a military unit with them.

The other thread seems not to have an answer to the situation either. Seems to be a Vanilla only problem.

Is that to make me buy G&K :mischief:

You are overdue buying G&K anyway :). It's a great addition to the game, so don't hesitate!

You are overdue buying G&K anyway :). It's a great addition to the game, so don't hesitate!

I would buy it today if any shops near me stocked it. It costs half in the shops than on steam! Was the same for SimCity 4 deluxe.

Anyway, my workers are all working normally now.

First the workers on the western half of my empire stopped requiring orders every turn, then after many hours (around 3.5 hours) the eastern half stopped requiring orders every turn too.

I'm not sure what caused that, it could have been to do with the wars I had and borders, but I don't know.

My work around was simple as my peace-time deployment means I only have one worker per city along with two military units per city, with any surplus military units at potential front-line trouble spots. It's only annoying when I'm at war with someone, and then all my spare military units go off to the front-line and it's back to repeating orders.

Hm...Dont remember running into this one before unless there was an enemy nearby.

Anyhow you indeed are overdue, you literally play another game :lol:
But since the new expansion will be out in a month or so I would wait for it to launch and get a nice steam sale :)

I got G&K fairly cheap online. PM me if you'd like a link. I guarantee it's cheaper than your shops and legal.

I got G&K fairly cheap online. PM me if you'd like a link. I guarantee it's cheaper than your shops and legal.

Thanks Irkalla, I couldn't find a PM button on this forum, but you got me thinking, and I found a company online to sell me the steam code legit for 7.90 vs 20.00 on steam itself.

So now I have Gods and Kings, and off to the steam work-shop for some mods...

Thanks for making me think :)

Oh, is the Gods and Kinds mod by Thalassicus as good as the vanilla mod?

I thought the vanilla mod by Thalassicus was really good and made the game a lot more fun?

I'm going to download it, but should I play G&K starting with or without the mod?

Top Bottom