Fix for techs no popups bug???

wildcard001

Chieftain
All that money payed to sean bean for tech voice lines only for it to not work after first tech researched. Nice patch firaxis, now how can i have my money back is the question since the product i bought is in a worse shape than when it was released?

ty

doesnt work for me i bought it one year ago and instaled game two weeks ago to play it again only to see them force me to instal a patch that made game unplayable. one of the most disgusting company behaviours in this bussines, not evan testing the patch out in a campaign.

I believe that either one of these two things must be true:

Firaxis has no QA and doesn't test the game before releasing a new build

Firaxis know that the build is broken but release it anyway, because they want to get extra cash from the new dlc as soon as possible, noting the bugs as something to fix with the next patch which will eventually come with another overpriced dlc tie in.

Well, I understand your frustration, but you know, patches are for free and they're not tied to a dlc, so next time feel free to just not buy the dlc and still enjoy the patch.

Yeah, and the no pop-up bug is a bit annoying, but in no way a game breaker. I have gotten used to it already, and i know it will be fixed, because... you know, all that money payed to Sean Bean.
Meanwhile, you can hear the quotes in the Civilopedia by clicking the audio links.

Firaxis has no QA and doesn't test the game before releasing a new build

i have spent some time pondering their QA dept, and i have come to this conclusion. They do do play testing, but its with computers.

think about it, before civ 6 launched they posted up a video of the game playing itself, zero (0) human players. all AI. they said they have had that system play thousands of games to check things, and they were quite proud of that statement. well maybe, thats ALL they did. have the computers play it out. would explain a great many things like how is there no units lists?? the horrible UI, etc. well the computer AI doesnt NEED those things.. LOL rememeber how it didnt even take a day of being out in retail for nearly everyone to ask, WTF??? with the religious unit spam. once again, a computer could not care, but us humans, you bet it was horrid.

while i joke, i am very serious in my statement in that i think most of all "play" testing was/is done solely by computers playing itself. with maybe someone watching or monitoring the computers progress and writing up a report on it.

Well there is a unit list, but it could be perhaps the worst designed unit list in the history of mankind. But the good thing is it does remember your place where you left off in the list (it would truly be horrible if it reset at the top).

As for this popup bug, I think it might be game breaking for me. I'm a bit bummed out by this patch. Despite them fixing some really annoying bugs. The notifications on the bottom right work much better, and the production menu displays the correct thing built now. I have 2 unfinished games, and I never did finish that marathon game I started. But I'm so far ahead in that game, it really is no challenge at that point.

This is a huge annoyance. I can select 1 tech and 1 civic at a time, but I don't like to do that because I sometimes forget my intermediate range tech goals. I often beeline to Astronomy, Printing, and Economics (for those wonders), and Monarchy civic on the other tree. Although last time I beelined towards economics I lost out on the Ruhr Valley wonder. AI seems to build this more now.

Well there is the possibility the patch unexpectedly broke the Tech Pop-ups and there is another patch inbound. Remember they did say we would get some new Civ's/Leader DLC not just the one we got, as part of the whole summer patch effort. I have a feeling some of the bugs were noticed last minute and they went forward with the DLC release to at least show they were moving forward with new content. Now that they are aware, I have a sneaking suspicion they will patch the broken issues and give us the remaining DLC as promised a few months back.

Interesting, I've played about 10 games since the last patch and I don't have this bug.

I have played four games since the patch and have not seen this bug either. Strange.

Hmmm, makes me think I'd have to do a complete clean install. I'd rather not. That would take forever.

And has anyone notice it often makes a weird unpleasant sound when the popup for the tech is supposed to come up? I hate that sound.

Still doesn't work for me. I sent a support ticket to 2k already. I first encountered the missing tech popup after Irrigation.
Tried everything mentioned in the support suggestions below, but to no avail

---------

Thank you for contacting 2K Support and for your interest in Civilization VI. I can certainly understand how encountering this type of issue might be frustrating to experience and I'll do my best to assist you!

While this appears to be a bug, I'd like to go over some basic troubleshooting with you so that we can iron out any possible causes. Please, follow each of them in the order they are presented:

• Unsubscribe from mods
With the release of the latest update, many mods become incompatible with Civilization VI until their respective creators update them so these can easily cause issues when trying to play the game. For this reason it is highly recommended to always unsubscribe from mods when troubleshooting to ensure they are not the cause of the issue to begin with. To do so;

1. Go into the Steam Workshop
2. Click "Browse" and on "Your Subscriptions"
3. Unsubscribe from all mods in that list

Once complete, continue with the below troubleshooting steps in the order they appear in;

• Verifying Game Cache
1. Load Steam.
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select “Properties” from the menu.
3. Select the “Local files” tab and click the “Verify integrity of game cache” button.
4. Steam will match the local files to the cloud files, and fix any errors it encounters.

• Reinstalling DirectX
1. In the Steam installation folder of the game you’re having trouble with, there will be typically be a DirectX setup package.
2. Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization VI\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\
3. Find and run DXSETUP.exe
4. Reboot the computer (mandatory)

• Reinstalling Vcredist
1. Navigate to your game’s Steam folder – there will typically be a Vcredist folder.
2. Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization VI\vcredist\\_CommonRedist\2012
3. Find and Run vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe
4. Should the files already be installed, you will be prompted to either ‘uninstall’ or ‘repair’. Choose ‘*repair*’.
5. Reboot the computer (mandatory)
6. Afterward, do the same for those located in the 2015 folder. Ex: : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization VI\vcredist\\_CommonRedist\2015

• Run Steam as Administrator
1. Completely exit the Steam client.
2. Right click on Steam.exe
3. Select "Run as administrator"

• Updating your Audio/Video Drivers
Most PC issues can be easily resolved by updating your Audio & Video Drivers. Here's a few links to help you with that.

Audio Drivers

Video Drivers

Most video card manufacturers allow you to download their card drivers directly from their website. Here's a list from where you can do that.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, we would ask if you could supply us with the following files from your game;

• Your DxDiag File
  • Your MSInfo32 file
  • A copy of your Civ save file (generally available at C:\Users\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single)
  • The content of your Logs folder in a compressed .zip file (located in C:\Users[Your User]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI)
This Support Article will show you how to access these files and attach them to your reply.

Once we receive all of your Civ files, I'll investigate your issue and update your ticket.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
2K Support
-------------------

Hi all,

Here's the response from 2k:

---------------

Hello,

Thank you for your response! We've actually had a bit of development on this issue and I can now confirm that this appears to be a bug with the latest patch of the game.

The development team has been notified of this issue and are currently working toward a solution. However, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and therefore don't have a timeline on when a fix will be implemented.

As soon as that information will be available, our players will be the first to know. I suggest that you keep an eye on our @2K and @2KSupport Twitter pages for any updates.

In the meantime, if you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Kind regards,
2K Support
----------------

Well, I understand your frustration, but you know, patches are for free and they're not tied to a dlc, so next time feel free to just not buy the dlc and still enjoy the patch.
That doesn't really work when you're forced to update the game with all of the things that a patch breaks. Which is a problem with how Steam does things, not Firaxis, but still a bad excuse.

That doesn't really work when you're forced to update the game with all of the things that a patch breaks. Which is a problem with how Steam does things, not Firaxis, but still a bad excuse.

That's not quite right either. You can tell Steam to NOT update games automatically. You just need to do it. Then you can sit back, relax, wait for the first reviews, and download the patch later on.

That's not quite right either. You can tell Steam to NOT update games automatically. You just need to do it. Then you can sit back, relax, wait for the first reviews, and download the patch later on.
The moment you start the game, steam will update it (unless that has finally been changed in the last year or so without me noticing). The only way around that is forcing offline mode, which is annoying, and disables achievements.

Top Bottom