[FIXED] Can't end turn because of bugged Puppet production

Hey

This is the OP again, here is my savegame... sorry I was so into playing the game I didn't think about keeping an autosave from just before getting the bug, only save left is the 4000BC autosave (I guess it wouldn't be much of a use anyway :p But can post it if needed)

You can't really reproduce the bug since the only save is after getting it, and I'm sorry about that. However if it helps, I puppeted and/or annexed something like half a dozen of other cities without any problems in the same run through, once before (Memphis, just to the north of Heliopolis, a couple turns earlier), the rest after. And as I said, I have gotten Heliopolis from a peace agreement in diplo, but since then I had got other cities this way too, a couple more times (wiped the Aztecs off ;p) without any issues.

I was at Ver 1.0.0.20, since as I said, I googled for the bug to try and fix my game, but couldn't set the production this way :p

BTW thanks for the fix DireAussie, I gotta try that next time, and thanks for the mods to take time to look into this :)

Attachments

• PuppetBug_ZiP!.Civ5Save
    771 KB · Views: 171
Thanks. I got peace, puppeted the cities, and yet didn't have this problem.

Load game, get peace (for the cities) with Monty. Wait for them to come out of resistance (presumably) and they come out fine - start building stuff.

Strange... I tried 3 times and each time I got stuck :(

Thanks. I got peace, puppeted the cities, and yet didn't have this problem.

Load game, get peace (for the cities) with Monty. Wait for them to come out of resistance (presumably) and they come out fine - start building stuff.

Attached are my saves. "Siam Peace" is after the error occurs. "AutoSave1250AD" is about 5 turns prior- the closest I had. Captured Lampang, then surrounded his capital a couple turns later. He offered me 3 cities for peace. I tried reloading it twice but it didn't work, so I finally replayed and didn't take his peace deal, but continued to crush him.
Oh, and my game version is:1.0.0.20
Thanks.

Attachments

• Siam Peace.Civ5Save
    486.9 KB · Views: 149
  • AutoSave_0185 AD-1250.Civ5Save
    482.1 KB · Views: 95
I also had the same problem when Rome offered a bunch of cities and other incentives for a peace treaty. I have a save at the error and from just before the error but don't know how to post the saves.

...don't know how to post the saves.

Click "go advanced" when replying if it's available. Then scroll down to the frame ('Additional Options') below the one containing the typing zone, second zone in it : "manage attachments". You can post multiple Civ saves directly from the pop-on window afterwards, pretty straightforward.

To fix this bug temporarily so you can continue with the game:
This fix did not work for me. I'm running the Steam version. I exited the game, copied the original file, edited the active version, restarted the game, picked up ten years before, and pushed Gandhi until he offered me two thirds of the cities.

Even annexing all cities does no good. All items have a ??? estimated build queue time.

And I was doing so well... ;)

I have gotten around this. Just select a unit that you have fortified and move it, upon his turn being complete the screen for the production will pop up right away. This has happened many times to me and always worked.
Happy Games

I don't think you're understanding the issue correctly -- these are puppet cities, so no production screen should pop up at all (much less the "Choose Production" button).

I'm having this same issue after a similar circumstance -- England surrendered to me, and as part of the "peace" deal, they gave me two puppet city-states. I was then stuck with the "Choose Production" button and no way to end the turn.

The way I got around this was to annex the acquired puppet cities. I was then able to choose their production, and then was given the "Next Turn" button. This is obviously a bug, and will hopefully be fixed soon...

Hoping that the files load.
B4ErrorPuppet and ErrorPuppet are the names I saved the games under when got stuck on the 'Choose Production' screen for a just acquired puppet city. B4 is the previous turn in which I conquer and annex Circue. Then Caesar offers big bribe including lots of cities for Peace Treaty which I accept. Making most of the cities Puppets I go thru the turn till stuck at 'Choose production' though I do get the choice to annex the city...but with massive unhappiness I do not want to go that route.

Attachments

• ErrorPuppet.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • B4ErrorPuppet.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
This fix did not work for me. I'm running the Steam version. I exited the game, copied the original file, edited the active version, restarted the game, picked up ten years before, and pushed Gandhi until he offered me two thirds of the cities.

Even annexing all cities does no good. All items have a ??? estimated build queue time.

And I was doing so well... ;)

Newly annexed cities will have a ??? for a few turns - essentially they are in chaos. You can just pick something for them to build and when they are no longer in chaos they will start building what you wanted.

The bug is with puppeted cities, you cannot choose what they produce but when you receive them via a peace agreement the game gets stuck as its requiring you to set their production but doesn't let you.

Yup i encountered this as well in my very first CIV5 game (boy these games seem to last a lot longer than CIV4 less micro more troop movement...)

I was playing Monty and had Siam (again?) down to 3. He offerered 2 + gold. I was forced to annex the cities since the gold choose production thing came up... Really annoying, hope they fix it with the next update. I have 1.0.20 version. (on a sidenote how can you turn off those automatic updates on steam)

Another solution btw rather ingenious: i just gifted the two cities back to Rammy (??) which got me back into hapiness! He is no threat anyway...

Well seems we have a pattern: the bug can only happen when the city is gifted through diplomacy, but it's not a 100% (maybe there are some other factors we didn't pinpoint yet)

Another solution btw rather ingenious: i just gifted the two cities back to Rammy (??) which got me back into hapiness! He is no threat anyway...
Good idea. Thing is, in my case, even if I thought of that it would have been pointless, as I was in fact doing a very early skirmish to grab a bit more land ;p Also, don't forget that just annexing the city works too ^^

Got a city in a peace deal. Made it a puppet. Game just stays at "choose production". For the puppet city - you cannot choose production in a puppet, so I cannot continue.

Attachments

• 290910bug.Civ5Save
    867.5 KB · Views: 72
Playing as China I sued the Ottomans for peace was given three cities which were made into puppets.

The Puppet Cities production queues remained empty, and the game would not advance the turn giving me the “City Needs Production” message (or whatever the exact wording is). Using the city screen I cycled through my 3 settler built cities several times to make sure that was not the problem. The only way I was able to advance the turn was to annex the three cities and take over production (which killed my empire through unhappiness, and potentially the game, we will see).

My last auto save is several time consuming war filled turns before this happened, but if no one else can confirm this or post a save game where this happens, I will play through when I get home and attempt to duplicate and provide more explicit details.

i heard somewhere that if the city was given to you by AI during the AI turn, the problem happens. But if you decline AI's offer, and wait until your turn to make peace offer to him, he will still accept the same offer but you won't get the choose production error. Anyone can confirm this?

Same thing, got offered cities by Siam and can't get past the screen. I reloaded from the autosave 5 times with the same result. It's my third post in the bugs forum tonight, in 4 hours of play. Wow. :scan:

Yeah, the 'fix' I posted isnt really a fix, its a workaround. Basically you should now be able to click 'choose production' and instead of doing nothing, it will pop up a box and you can choose an item - they will all show ???? estimated build time, but you can choose something then continue with the game. The city will build what you choose when when it comes out of anarchy then afterwards it will start choosing stuff on its own as it is supposed to.

Top Bottom