[FIXED] city-state not recognizing road [1.0.1.135 - 1.141]

These road bugs really need a hotfix ASAP - I can't believe it's not already solved in the last hotfix. Holiday season or not this is a major bug that is spoiling every game that I've played since the last patch.

Hope that Firaxis have this on their radar and at the top of their priority list.

Cheers :)

I had this same problem with Cape Town. I was hoping the road was not recognized because their worker was nice enough to build the last segment connecting to my trade net (it was the least they could do since they would not get out of the shortest distance hex). So I tried using my workers to build another road to the capital and no recognition. I am not sure the turn the quest was issued on but at least 100 turns and still an open quest.

I had this same problem with Cape Town. I was hoping the road was not recognized because their worker was nice enough to build the last segment connecting to my trade net (it was the least they could do since they would not get out of the shortest distance hex). So I tried using my workers to build another road to the capital and no recognition. I am not sure the turn the quest was issued on but at least 100 turns and still an open quest.
If you click on the city state and the city state diplo screen still asks for the road, the quest is still open.

I've only just started playing Civ 5, and I've also noticed this annoying bug.
I'm really surprised reading that it was confirmed so long ago and have yet to be fixed, especially considering there's been released patches after the confirm.

One of the problems might be that this bug only began AFTER a patch. Maybe they are not sure what they broke :p

Is the bug, that you don't get anything from CS, when you build a required road to them fixed meanwhile? If not, when will it be fixed, as it continues to cost me lots of gold? :)

Still broken; (I've extended my network slightly to include the CS capital)

As to the unrecognized road to the CS capital costing gold; only the portion of the road inside your own territory counts. The portion inside the CS is free to you (may cost the CS), and the portion if any in neutral territory is free to everybody until it becomes under the control of someone.

I've looked though the bug list and didn't see it there so here is what happened to me. I was building roads between citys for the trade route benefit and built one from a city that was connected to my capital to a city state. I didn't get any message saying trade route connected which I kinda expected but built the road to make sure. But a short time lated that city state wanted a road built between our capitals. Thats the road I build prior so I expected the next turn to say thanks...
But no. The offers still stands. I even built some extra road here and there to make the link more direct but no dice. So I'm thinking its a bug.

I have this bug, too. It is still there after the Janurary hotfix. One can expect to experience this bug in each game, as the 'build road to CS' mission is pretty frequent. Please, Firaxis, give the fix of this bug a high priority!

Could we not even at least have an acknowledgement from 2K or Firaxis that this bug is being looked at? No issue is affecting my games as much as this one and I'm sure that others must feel the same.

I am not with the 'hate Civ 5' crowd by any means - I actually love the game. But this bug and the silence from the developers over whether it is going to be fixed soon or not is starting to frustrate me. I mean - this bug has been in place now since the December patch! They MUST be aware of it and should at least send out some word to us to let us know that it will be addressed soon.

Is it unreasonable to expect this?

Cheers :)

only the portion of the road inside your own territory counts. The portion inside the CS is free to you (may cost the CS), and the portion if any in neutral territory is free to everybody until it becomes under the control of someone.

I think this has more to do with the way roads are handled inside city–states' borders than the road-building quest itself. Take a look at my screen shot.

Spoiler :

Notice that Yakutsk (top left) is connected to my trade route, and Orenburg (right) is not. Notice also the road that connects the two cities. There is one tile of road that passes through the borders of Florence (bottom), who is my ally.

It appears that, regardless of the purpose of putting a road through a city–state's territory, the trade route on that road stops at the border. Imagine an even more frustrating situation where an ally city–state's border grows to cut off a trade route between two of your cities that were previously connected. I think ally city–state's borders should not block your trade routes, and then both issues would be resolved. (That may require restricting the road-building quest to only allies—although letting their alliance degrade to friendship would then require gold gifts before the quest can be completed. I think that this is less of an issue than the current bug.)

Florence was not the subject of my city–state quest that required me to find this thread in the first place. However, I stumbled upon this during my game after resigning myself to the fact that my trade route won't connect to my ally city–states with the quest. Anyway, I hope this helps resolve the issue.

Thanks for reading,

JeffRockson

2K said this was fixed in March batch 1.0.1.217.
BUT THIS WAS NOT FIXED!!:mad:
Brussel was connected with my capital(Beijing) but it does not recognize it.
Road quest is still alive.
Save file was attached.

Attachments

• Wu Zetian_0562 AD-1956-.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
THIS WAS NOT FIXED!!:mad:
Brussel was connected with my capital(Beijing) but it does not recognize it.
Road quest is still alive.

In my game, Geneva recognized my road after ending the first turn (or within a couple turns) after loading my game the first time after downloading the patch. Check your patch download, game version, and let the game run for a turn or two.

What a relief! :^)

~JeffRockson

P.S. If anyone is curious, I could delete my other connection and see if the trade route confusion in my prepatch screen shot still applies.

In my game, Geneva recognized my road after ending the first turn (or within a couple turns) after loading my game the first time after downloading the patch. Check your patch download, game version, and let the game run for a turn or two.

What a relief! :^)

~JeffRockson

P.S. If anyone is curious, I could delete my other connection and see if the trade route confusion in my prepatch screen shot still applies.

Thank you for comment. :)

I checked patch and version to find them normal.
So, for last a few days, I've tried several tests.
My trade routes between Brussels and my capital were two.
One is a ground road via another city state, Singapore.
(Brussels - Singapore - capital)
Another one is not direct one, via sea trade route.
(Brussles - Chengdu(with harber) --- capital(with harber))
I passed several turns as they are. Nothing happened.
So I made Singapore my ally. Nothing happened.
Then I conquered Sigapore and passed a turn. Now Brussels recognizes the connection.

This test led following conclusion.
The definition of road connection mission does not include...
1) any sea trade route.
2) any trade route via another city state.
I have not tested a trade route via another civ with open border yet. If I get a conclusion about it, I'll post it. ;)

You'll need a direct route, a route that passes through another CS or AIs territory will not count. Searoutes should work if the CS (Brussel in this case) has a harbour.

In your case Brussel most likely hadn't built any Harbour and your initial road was interupted by another CS (Singapore). When you captured Singapore the blocking part of the road was removed and the quest triggered.

It works just as a trade route, a land trade route will not function if it's interupted by another CS or AIs territory.

So, if you had built the road around singapore before the connection would have been recognised, so quest is working as it shoud after the latest patch.

Top Bottom