[FIXED] city-state not recognizing road [1.0.1.135 - 1.141]

Road connect quest != Trade connection.

In my previous game the CS on my landmass already had a harbor when they requested it. (Obvious because I hadn't built any harbors or yet started my road network and the first road tiles were the 2 tiles between my closest city and the tile the CS had roaded; which trade connected my city to the capital.) The road connection quest required that I continue the road from that city to my capital; at which point it was recognized.

You'll need a direct route, a route that passes through another CS or AIs territory will not count. Searoutes should work if the CS (Brussel in this case) has a harbour.

In your case Brussel most likely hadn't built any Harbour and your initial road was interupted by another CS (Singapore). When you captured Singapore the blocking part of the road was removed and the quest triggered.

It works just as a trade route, a land trade route will not function if it's interupted by another CS or AIs territory.

So, if you had built the road around singapore before the connection would have been recognised, so quest is working as it shoud after the latest patch.

Top Bottom