[FIXED] No button to play mods available/Mod Installer does not check drive

jimkirk

Prince
by kael from within the game it shows up but there is no button to be able to play it

If you install CiV/Steam on any drive besides C:\ you will be unable to install any mods using Firaxis' interface.

You can download the mod but you can do nothing else. Going to the installed tab will be blank and the other tab has you able to look at the download and close it, nothing else.

by kael from within the game it shows up but there is no button to be able to play it

Which one?

If you go to the "installed mods" screen, you need to click the green tick next to the mod to "load" it. Exit out of the mods screen, and start a new game. You will see that Boudica is a playable civ (last one in the list)

Which one?

If you go to the "installed mods" screen, you need to click the green tick next to the mod to "load" it. Exit out of the mods screen, and start a new game. You will see that Boudica is a playable civ (last one in the list)

The problem I'm having is that when I go to the installed mods screen, click the install mods button, the button disappears and it goes back to saying no mods are installed.

This is unfortunately a known issue if you have Steam installed on any other drive but C, and also a permissions issue.

This has all been fixed and will be included in the next hotfix.

i noticed it in the end u had to click the radio button to enable the mod i see it now but im liking the non stacked army look over the stacked look one issue with stacked is i dont see a health bar on my troops so i cant judge their battle worthiness

If you install CiV/Steam on any drive besides C:\ you will be unable to install any mods using Firaxis' interface.

You can download the mod but you can do nothing else. Going to the installed tab will be blank and the other tab has you able to look at the download and close it, nothing else.

Ah that explains it. I had spent a fair while trying to figure out how to get mods working!

Looking forward to this patch also is the SDK out? I can't see a link to it anywhere on Steam?

I really appreciate your guys' postings on here. Oddly enough, I was having additional issues with this bug that was REALLY getting me to pull my hair out. My entire internet connection would actually pitch a fit and eventually crash.

After browsing the Forum and stumbling across the suggestion to delete files previous to 1.0.20, it ~seems~ to be working properly. But I did have to go in and manually delete the previously (prior to 1.0.20) downloaded files. *smirks* And just as a curious bit of info... I've got both Steam AND Civ on a drive other than C:/. Call me crazy, but it's USEFUL.

Anyways.... Thanks again, guys ^_^

Top Bottom