Flev's Replacement - Raging Barbarians

{...} Unless you had some hidden reinforcements nearby :cringe:

I would love this ... :(

I made sure Romans outnumber Egyptians 2 to 1, meaning even if every enemy unit wins the combat it will be killed next turn.

The way in which you managed to outnumber me almost constantly - togehter with my idiotic way to not combine properly different types of units - is mainly the explanation for poor outcome ( from my point of view ) of these wars. :cry:

This time you won, hands down:mad:. I just did not realize how much collateral damage Cannons can do. Your units stayed green after killing 10 of mine. Unfortunately I have joined this game with you in a solid tech lead, and on Epic it is just very hard to catch up with.

But what bothers me the most -- you and me are the only ones who do all the talking and scheming. Common guys, its almost 19th century -- give us some excitement :D

Mîtiu Ioan;14176300 said:
Hmm - it seems that a little trap was set for my units ... let's see the outcome ! :mischief:

You got it. During your turn you have lost 3 units to kill 5. During mine I lost 2 to kill 11.
Meaning 7 vs 14, or 1:2 ratio. But it's SO frustrating that Mali would rather help the topdog trading Astronomy! Can you imagine helping someone who is already 6 techs ahead of his next rival! :wallbash:
You really benefit from how passively other players are challenging your lead, if ever. But I must admit our war granted me with some of my most bloody rivalry in my PBEM experience. Epic PBEMs are truly Epic.

You got it. During your turn you have lost 3 units to kill 5. During mine I lost 2 to kill 11.
Meaning 7 vs 14, or 1:2 ratio. {....}

As long as you doesn't raze ( third time or so ... ) that poor city this is still somehow manageable - want just to check your mounted SoD to see how impressive it is.

But I must admit our war granted me with some of my most bloody rivalry in my PBEM experience. Epic PBEMs are truly Epic.

Indeed ! :goodjob:

I have almost fainted when I opened the turn! For the love of everything holy -- last time I checked your cannons they were happily parked in Aurita, how did they travel 5 tiles to attack me in one turn? Railroads?

{...} For the love of everything holy -- last time I checked your cannons they were happily parked in Aurita, how did they travel 5 tiles to attack me in one turn? Railroads?

Technology should give an advantage in the end - no ? :crazyeye:

This - and a stroke of inspiration to group my units & workers ( helped by a network of spies ) when I saw your massed cavalry in that new built-city. ;)

I just hope that the loss of 13 or 14 cavalry-escadrons will seriously hamper your offensive & raiding capacity ... :scan:

I have a network of spies of my own, and I can tell that you have no railroads from Aurita to Portul Porcilor, as I can see it now. My spy in the city of Aurita was caught right when you apparently moved your units out of the city and during the same turn I walked into the trap to place all my forces against your brand new Portul Porcilor (what does the name mean?) Talk about your triple luck, all three during one single turn -- (1)me losing my Aurita Spy, (2)you moving units out of the city where they were parked for the last 5+ turns, and (3)me placing my units in striking distance by advancing into your lands without proper scouting. :mad: So technology played very minor role in all this...

Ioan, since you somehow got your turn -- you probably know that tracker does not work any more. Please email me the turn instead!

Sadly, Morgoth has reported that he has no email from pbemtracker.
We have to accept that this tool is now dead.

As you now probably have to resort to sending by email, I stronlgy recommend the use of Ruff Hi's tool: pbemmailer.

Once set up you can send an email after playing your turn with just a couple of clicks.

I'm taking the liberty of providing Ruff's link
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=249788

I wonder what would that mean...

Hey gents...been awhile... turn played and sent... this link got stored in a favorites folder and I forgot all about it :)

Ruff Hi: Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia) (GMT) - eliminated bc1975

Where were the lands of Ethiopia?

Mîtiu Ioan;14230154 said:
Just decided to add a little bit more thrill to the game ... :mischief:

*Ahem* Mitiu...

Spoiler :
:mischief:

AD 1845 was Sent to Morgoth at Apr 15 ...

Top Bottom