Floating Torii (a Shinto building)

Mmm, it looks quite similar to the family shrine from the Chinese Unification scenario... or am I seeing things?

I think the tips of the top crossbeam could be turned up a bit more, then it would be just perfect, this should be the Shinto Shrine (or would that conflict with the Coastal location, hummm). Great work Chamaedrys

Thanx, guys.

Impaler[WrG] said:
I think the tips of the top crossbeam could be turned up a bit more, then it would be just perfect, this should be the Shinto Shrine (or would that conflict with the Coastal location, hummm). Great work Chamaedrys

I have made a version with a more curved crossbeam:

the download link is in the first post

Perfect :goodjob:

Do you want me to use this as a general Wonder in my Wonder mod or should it be the Shinto Shrine and go into the Shintoism and various expanded religions Mods?

If I did it as a general wonder I think it might be neat to give it +1 global food on Sea Plots (basicaly a Food Colossus) that would be neat and very Japanese. But it might be way too powerfull and you face possible starvation when/if it goes obsolete. Perhaps just a Free Lighthouse all cities or some newly coded effect like +1 ~ +2 food in Coastal Cities. On second though these make more sense for that Fish Market in LostWonders, anyone have an Idea for something to do with religion?

Well, if the mod includes shinto, I would use it as a shrine. If not I would use it as a wonder.

Fishing is very important for Japan, so maybe +100% Work boat production and a free harbor.

I dont know if the code currently supports a build modifier for specific units or unit classes, it could be done in a similar manor to Traits modifiying Building production. That could open up a lot of interesting options.

I'm not planning on mixing new religions into my Wonders mod, I keep mods compartmentalized and use ModSwitcher to flexibly combine them imediatly before play. It makes it much easier to incorporate an updated version as well. I recomend you do an update to the Shinto Mod with a full set of buildings and improved artwork for buttons and Missionaries.

If this is to be used as a Wonder, I would think the most logical route would be something religious based.

A Torii in general is the gateway to a shinto shrine, The Floating Torii depicted here is the gateway to the Itsukushima Shrine. Incidently it is one of Japans most popular tourist attractions.

I know fish are important to Japanese people, and maybe in a Japanese food the bonus food production would work, but I have always been under the impression that Wonders were (in theory) suppose to be just indentiy-less.

Regardless, if my opinion matters, I would think something religious based (maybe promote state religion, free cathedral for state religion (or effects similar to a cathedral), maybe just a generic shrine with effects similar to the rest of them?

I was at this shrine on Miyagima a few weeks ago. I must say, this looks VERY good.

Top Bottom