Flying Mod [SDK Mod]

i've a question roger. as the gunship with the domain_land can through the tag <bflying> travel over water. so my question: are hovercrafts possible that can also travel over land and water tiles including ocean?

0d1n3oo3Broad said:
i've a question roger. as the gunship with the domain_land can through the tag <bflying> travel over water. so my question: are hovercrafts possible that can also travel over land and water tiles including ocean?

Yes. By definition any unit with <bFlying>1</bFlying> can go over any terrain that is not defined as impassible. Some people, myself included, want to limit their gunships to coastal squares only so they put in the same tag that is in the galley entry which prohibits them from flying over ocean squares that are outside of their cultural borders.

Roger Bacon

RogerBacon, do you think you will expand this mod to include a <bAerialAssault> tag?

Shqype said:
Might I suggest expanding this to include a 3rd new XML tag, something like <bAerialAttack> which, if true, allows a unit (sea or land) to attack a unit with <bFlying>?

It's silly for a Galley or a Knight to be able to attack a Gunship, but not for a Battleship or modern-era unit (such as SAM Infantry or Tank).
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4093943&postcount=34

Shqype said:
RogerBacon, do you think you will expand this mod to include a <bAerialAssault> tag?

No plans at this time. I haven't looked at the code for determining if a unit can attack something or not. If it can't attack then can it move in to the square? If not, then flying units could block movement, which seems kind of wrong.

If you want to get the same effect, sort of, you can give them the <bCanMoveImpassible> and have them end their turn over mountains. Of course, that won't help over water.

Roger Bacon

Shqype said:
Might I suggest expanding this to include a 3rd new XML tag, something like <bAerialAttack> which, if true, allows a unit (sea or land) to attack a unit with <bFlying>?

It's silly for a Galley or a Knight to be able to attack a Gunship, but not for a Battleship or modern-era unit (such as SAM Infantry or Tank).
Well, one you can think of it as - the land unit isn't attacking the air unit, but rather it tries to go into the same area and gets attacked by the air unit. :)

hrochland said:
Please, RogerBacon, is here any possibility to join FlyMOd and Lopez&#180;s WaterAnimalsMod in one dll?

Flying water animals? That's just too weird. ;)

I do plan to do a new release of my flying mod this week and I'll look into it but no promises.

[EDIT]

OK, done. It took about 2 minutes. :)

Roger Bacon

With this new flying mod... has anyone created a transport airplane for moving troops?

NT_Jedi said:
With this new flying mod... has anyone created a transport airplane for moving troops?

I made a transport helicopter that carries troops. It's just the thing for those island maps.

Roger Bacon

RogerBacon said:
I made a transport helicopter that carries troops. It's just the thing for those island maps.

Roger Bacon

Sounds perfect... where can I find the download ? :)

BTW... you are going in my Book of Kool

NT_Jedi said:
Sounds perfect... where can I find the download ? :)

BTW... you are going in my Book of Kool

The download for the helicopter? I never put it up because its just a three line change to the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file.

Just replace the gunship's info with these lines:

<SpecialCargo>NONE</SpecialCargo>
<DomainCargo>DOMAIN_LAND</DomainCargo>
<iCargo>2</iCargo>

I use nautil's helicopter found in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=163871

If you scroll down to post 32 in that thread you will find a button I made for it.

Roger Bacon

Caesium said:
So you didn't change the SDK?

If you're talking about the flying mod, yest there are a lot of C++ changes.

I will add some more this weekend (minor enhancements).

Roger Bacon

RogerBacon said:
If you're talking about the flying mod, yest there are a lot of C++ changes.

I will add some more this weekend (minor enhancements).

Roger Bacon
Would you be so kind, to release a "flying mod only" version?

Caesium said:
Would you be so kind, to release a "flying mod only" version?

The flying mod comes in two forms. One is flying mod + 3-square radius cities + borders over water. The other is flying mod only.

Roger Bacon

RogerBacon said:
The flying mod comes in two forms. One is flying mod + 3-square radius cities + borders over water. The other is flying mod only.

Roger Bacon
It was my fault. You released just the whole SDK packeage, I'd like to have the Flying code only. If that would be possible.

Caesium said:
It was my fault. You released just the whole SDK packeage, I'd like to have the Flying code only. If that would be possible.

Only the files that changed are included in the zip. Search for "Flying Mod" when doing a merge. Most of the files are for the flying mod since it required the most changes. The borders over water was only 1 file and I belive the larger cities was only two files.

Roger Bacon

Top Bottom