Flying Mod [SDK Mod]

0d1n3oo3Broad said:
hey roger,
are you going to update this mod for warlords? or does it already work?
i really need it. can't live without anymore :D ;)

Agreed. We need to see this in warlords :beer:

0d1n3oo3Broad said:
hey roger,
are you going to update this mod for warlords? or does it already work?
i really need it. can't live without anymore :D ;)

I haven't decided if I will get Warlords yet. It doesn't have anything I'm interested in since I rarely play scenarios. If I buy it I will upgrade my mods.

Roger Bacon

Maybe it's better to have 2 versions of this mod, one with just the extra flying.

RB: Do you mind if I borrow your Linberg Wonder for my NewWonders pack, its just a simple XML <DomainExtraMoves> bonus not dependent on the DLL right?

Impaler[WrG] said:
RB: Do you mind if I borrow your Linberg Wonder for my NewWonders pack, its just a simple XML <DomainExtraMoves> bonus not dependent on the DLL right?

I don't mind but it is not independant of the DLL.
It adds extra moves to all of your air units. I don't believe the <DomainExtraMoves> tag does anything for air units, although I've never tired because I've never given an air unit a promotion.

The DLL is needed to change the number of moves the air unit gets and there are other code changes that allow the air unit to actually get the full benefits of multiple moves. For example, in the vanilla code an air unit that transfers or does an attack can't make a second attack. My DLL changes this so that each action removes one movement point but if the unit still has movement points left it can still take another action.

I also have a movie for the Lindbergh wonder that someone on-line made for me (I forget who right now). I never got around to including it in the mod but if you plan to use the wonder somewhere else I can post the movie too.

Roger Bacon

I'm getting the following error when trying to implement your flying mod;

Tag: SPECIALUNIT_MISSILE in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

what am I doing wrong?

sorry, I found out. needed to add the SPECIALUNIT_MISSILE in CIV4SpecialUnitInfos.xml

For me, the second download link leads to something called Rogepost, but there is no way offered to download anything from it, just an offer to upload.

Guess I'll just use the Mongoose mod, it looks like it incorporates this one.

Tholish said:
For me, the second download link leads to something called Rogepost, but there is no way offered to download anything from it, just an offer to upload.

Guess I'll just use the Mongoose mod, it looks like it incorporates this one.

It looks like the compaqny changed. It wasn't rogue post before. Anyway, there is a big button that says "Download". Click on that and you can download the file. If you don't see it maybe it is because you have some sort of ad-blocker and it is misinterpreting that web page as an ad. Just a thought.

Roger Bcaon

keldath said:
hi roger,
i also cant dl the mod :(

and i have no blocking prog,
pehaps you can ul to another site?
i really want to use this :)
oh and will there be a warlord version? though i already merged your flying mod in seomod to wl

The first post in this thread has been updated with a new download link.
I am glad people are still discovering and enjoying this mod. I have no plans to make a Warlords version at this time.

Roger Bacon

Roger,

Is it possible to make it so that fighters/etc can intercept units with bFlying, such as missiles? Just curious for a minor project I am considering.

Quetz said:
Roger,

Is it possible to make it so that fighters/etc can intercept units with bFlying, such as missiles? Just curious for a minor project I am considering.

Intercepts only occur when a unit is doing a mission, Most likely your units with bFlying are not doing missions so they could not be intercepted.

You could change the intercept code to include the movement of any unit (with or without the bFlying tag). Check TheLopez's air units mod. He probably made some changes to the intercept routine.
Of course if you increase the intercept ability to also apply to land units with bFlying, it might make for some pretty gamey tactics to draw out the interceptors. Also, like all changes in the SDK, making the changes is usually easy but teaching the AI to understand the changes is much harder.

Good luck,
Roger Bacon

Roger, do you know what controls the nuke animation. I'm having some difficulty in my mod, which includes parts of Air Forces, DCM, and Flying (mostly the support for the bflying tag)

My Missile units are nuking properly but do not display the nuke nor do they fly over any clues?

Ket said:
Roger, do you know what controls the nuke animation. I'm having some difficulty in my mod, which includes parts of Air Forces, DCM, and Flying (mostly the support for the bflying tag)

My Missile units are nuking properly but do not display the nuke nor do they fly over any clues?

CyEngine().triggerEffect(getEffectInfo("EFFECT_ICBM_NUCLEAR_EXPLOSION"),targetPlot.getPoint())

Roger Bacon

Should that get tossed in CVUNIT:NUKE or someplace else?

Ket said:
Should that get tossed in CVUNIT:NUKE or someplace else?

That's Python code, not C++. I use it for when I trigger an effect with a button... in this case my nuke spell. I haven't looked into implementing it in the C++ level. I'm sure the code is similar but the specific format will be a little different.

Roger Bacon

Top Bottom