1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

For all fans of Heroes of Might and Magic

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario Creation' started by Skuall, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Not with ToTPP there aren't. :mischief:

2. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

I've corrected that bit to say MGE. Metro has talked about doing a ToT version one day so if he does, that's good to know that ToTPP allows for more than 6 lol. How many more does it allow??

3. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Warlord

Ah, sorry man, I have to struggle to even use TOT as I barely touched it. I'll sure as hell not go any further than that.

4. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Well then I guess if a ToT version ever happens it'll be my doing haha. Converting it is easy (especially if Grapetit does it for us haha) however having to redo ALL the graphics in all the dll files.. umm yeah don't hold your breath people lol.

Anyway I just realised that I forgot to put in a city building list into the big 100th post so I've just edited the post and put the list in for people to check out. :)

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-of-might-and-magic.6127/page-5#post-15754117

5. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Vanilla ToT adds a seventh set for a Renaissance-era triggered by the Invention tech. With ToTPP, there are options to define individual city sets for each civ, including barbarians, per map!

Blake00 likes this.
  6. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Warlord

Well, I wouldn't pay too much attention to that as there are only six factions in HoMM2. The more you add, the more you drift away.

7. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Yeah.. but that's good for me to know though. As while it probably won't happen (unless heaps of people demand it lol) I've talked with Metro about me making a HoMM1 mod for our scenario one day and then maybe even try making a HoMM3 and HoMM4 version of it too. These later 2 would definitely require a ToT conversion as they were both made in 24bit colour and have higher resolution assets than HoMM1-2. HoMM3 has 9 different factions and so many more units so it would require some serious trickery only ToTPP can give. However I doubt I'll bother though as Tom2050's HoMM3 Civ3 mod is amazing and I'm looking to wind up all my Civ2 projects and move on. I don't wanna take on new ones haha. The HoMM1 mod is more likely as HoMM1 & HoMM2 are so darn similar and it would just be a terrain, city icon & unit pack, and certainly NOT all the dlls and wonder videos haha.

Oh and this is old news now but I've created a ModDB page for this project here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilization-2-heroes-of-might-and-magic-2-mod

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    Thorvald of Lym likes this.