Forbidden Palace / Broadway - Balance Concerns

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Of the "end tree wonders", there are 2 that have some balance concerns to me.

Forbidden Palace: -15% building buy costs. When you are playing a progress/industry play, the gold savings is immense. Generally with this style of play I am buying nearly every building and the effects just keep adding up. I think this may stack too well with the tree it comes from.

Broadway: Gain 250 culture when completing a building in this city, era scaling (so 1250 - 1750). The culture from broadway is actually very high when you combine with the aggressively building style you normally have under this tree. I've managed to augment my entire Civs CPT by about 15% with this wonder alone. Its not just very strong, but it actually makes industry a "culture tree", which to me is not really the point of the tree.

Thoughts?

Progress & Industry master race!

I would not agree that Forbidden is that much stronger than Alhambra or Sankore. As for Broadway, I imagine something similar with it's respective Policy Wonders. Can't argue on them cause my laptop can't handle Atomic Era.

Of the "end tree wonders", there are 2 that have some balance concerns to me.

Forbidden Palace: -15% building buy costs. When you are playing a progress/industry play, the gold savings is immense. Generally with this style of play I am buying nearly every building and the effects just keep adding up. I think this may stack too well with the tree it comes from.

Broadway: Gain 250 culture when completing a building in this city, era scaling (so 1250 - 1750). The culture from broadway is actually very high when you combine with the aggressively building style you normally have under this tree. I've managed to augment my entire Civs CPT by about 15% with this wonder alone. Its not just very strong, but it actually makes industry a "culture tree", which to me is not really the point of the tree.

Thoughts?

FP isn't OP otherwise, so if there's an issue, it's the synergies Industry gives, vs the advantages of taking another tree. I never take Industry, so that's interesting re: Broadway. But I probably will the next time I play Carthage, just to test what you're talking about.

Forbidden Palace: -15% building buy costs. When you are playing a progress/industry play, the gold savings is immense. Generally with this style of play I am buying nearly every building and the effects just keep adding up. I think this may stack too well with the tree it comes from
And play Babylon! imba!

Actually this is usually quite useless to stack. Even Industry alone is often an overkill in terms of money/production. Thing is that industry gives a lot of them, but doesn't give anything else. You can build a lot of stuff with Industry, but every next building that you build is less and less profitable (assuming you build the most usefull buildings first, which you should do). This leads to situations where you have more buildings built than lets say Rationalism player, but you are still behind and you loose Scientific Victory. This happend to me couple of times when i was playing with skilled humans. Industry is very good in pulling you out of the butt into which you previously shoved yourself (by playing Tradition for example), but it doesn't help much in winning the game.

Top Bottom