Forbidden Palace, using it differently!

p1ke said:
if you disband a unit outside a city you get money
but if you disband it in a city you get shields in the city's construction box
how much depends on the unit type (not as much as you needed to produce it though)
anyway, if you disband it in the city that constructs FP (or whatever) you rush it a bit

You get 25% of the shields, rounded down.
You cannot rush wonders or the palace in any way, also not by disbanding.
If you disband outside a city, you gain nothing.

And if you are building something else, disband a unit in that city, then you can't change to FP or any wonder.

Pentium said:
And if you are building something else, disband a unit in that city, then you can't change to FP or any wonder.
right. if you disband anything in any of your citites, then you wont be able to switch to anything that cant be bought.

I don't think so... Wonders don't get any bonus from disbanded units, just units and improvements.

What I've been wanting ever since Civ1 is the ability to build regional government officers in various parts of your empire. Local seats of government, if you will, the effect being to project government power and basically have each local seat act as another palace.

The Forbidden Palace was a step in the right direction--with this minor little problem that YOU CAN ONLY BUILD ONE. :mad:

You can mod the game to have as many "Forbidden Palaces" as you like though - make each one available with different resources or different techs at different stages in the game if you want. ;)

Lord Parkin said:
I don't think so... Wonders don't get any bonus from disbanded units, just units and improvements.
Exactly what I said.

@BC: FP does what you want in Civ3/PTW. In C3C it was modified and it doesn't create a second core.

:goodjob: No problem. It'll be interesting to see how/if the AI manage to have the sense to build the extra FP's. (I'm fairly sure they will, though.) :)

Is there any way to tell besides spying on all of their cities? Say, open the game in the editor and view the AI players' cities?

Um... AFAIK, no. There's a Great Wonder screen, but no Small Wonder screen. :(

LKendter said:
:) :) :) :)
I really like this idea. Get the "forbidden palace", then build the much cheaper "normal palace" to fight corruption.
Eh, question (the "cheaper" line caught my attention so I went to check it out in game)... I'm running C3C 1.22, and in the Civilopedia it states the Palace should only run 100 shields (FP is 200)... but when I go anywhere to build it, it takes quite a bit more... and it's variable by difficulty.

In an Emperor game, I got the following results from different cities:
13 SPT = 91 Turns
20 SPT = 63 Turns

In a Monarch game, it was:
10 SPT = 56 Turns
20 SPT = 28 Turns

So... clearly it's not acting like it only takes 100 Shields. Anybody have any ideas what might be wrong? I'm pretty sure it's not from mucking around with the rules, only things I've changed are the FLICs for the Helicopter and Modern Paratrooper, and the terrain images, and multiplayer works just fine.

I'm sorta thinking about reinstalling and repatching because I want a 100 Shield Palace. :mischief:

Really? :confused: It's always been fixed at 800 shields in my games... and I'm running Conquests too... :confused:

I can't believe I never knew that! :crazyeye: Guess I was just used to vanilla and presumed it was the same... ;)

Not unpatched... ;)

Top Bottom