Fortification exploit

I think I have found an exploit in this Super Forts mod or our implementation of it.

If you capture a fortification and then raze it the plots remain yours and no one can take them from you except by cultural expansion.

This is especially useful in wild areas and taking of barbarian watch towers and palisades as it gives you somewhere to hold up to heal units faster. Your units in those plots also cost less to maintain.

Well the Super Fort uses the City base. But does the Palisade and Wooden tower that barbs build?

If I can capture one or if I find one abandoned I never raze it but place a unit in it to hold that spot. I will upgrade captured mil units to man those posts, so that my "other" units can move on.

JosEPh

Well the Super Fort uses the City base. But does the Palisade and Wooden tower that barbs build?

If I can capture one or if I find one abandoned I never raze it but place a unit in it to hold that spot. I will upgrade captured mil units to man those posts, so that my "other" units can move on.

JosEPh

Duh! They are fortifications and they claim the plot that is what the Super Fort mod is about:mischief: They don't give teh resource on the plot until the palisade upgrades to a fort.

Don't bother leaving the unit there just raze the fortification and the plot will be yours without need to defend it. Unless it is a palisade and you will want a fort there later.

@DH,
Most of what I'm posting about is barb palisades and wooden towers and I rarely if Ever build forts myself. I use them (the captured one) to build up forces to attack barb Cities which have been a plague in my latest game.

So if you say it's an exploit for the player, then I think the AI uses it too. Maybe not as well as the player. But they will build up forces there and then move them out to attack.

JosEPh

No the exploit is that you raze those and still retain the plot. Not only that it can't be taken by anyone else except by the cultural growth of a city or other fortification eg palisade into fort that is next to the plot. You don't need to defend it at all.

No the exploit is that you raze those and still retain the plot. Not only that it can't be taken by anyone else except by the cultural growth of a city or other fortification eg palisade into fort that is next to the plot. You don't need to defend it at all.

I'll have to try that in my new game. Especially on the Barbs, they are everywhere!

JosEPh

Top Bottom