Forum Game: Night of the Werewolf Game Thread

[tab]2 outstanding votes, but they are not enough to turn the decision away from the 6 against Tavern Owner Deathling. So the village drags him to the gallows and puts the noose around his neck.

[tab]Acolyte Loki offers last rites only if the Tavern Owner confesses his crimes and asks for atonement. Deathling refuses, arguing that he has done nothing wrong and Loki doesn't give his blessing.

[tab]The lever is pulled and Deathling falls hard. The cord bites into his neck as he struggles against it. His muscles pull against the ropes that bind his arms and legs, but he is unable to break free.

[tab]No one goes up to cut him down. No investigation is performed, because in death the Tavern Owners boby reverts to its true form, that of a werewolf!

[tab]Everyone is silent, you have successfully stuck back at your hunters and claimed at least one life for those you have lost. Everyone cheers and heads into the Tavern for an impromptu celebration (and with the Tavern Owner gone all drinks are free). The werewolves will strike back tonight, but for now you have won a victory and shown that Foxford may not fall so easily.

*as the shapeshifting tavern owner is revealed for what he is, the Mayor of Foxford gawks at the morbid sight with something approaching to horrified disbelief.*
:eek:
Oh.. my..

How positively grotesque. Ahem. BUT.. Let us not forget! This is a great victory for Foxford, for all of us! Well.. All of us who aren't murderous hellspawn! I say.. Hip hip, huzzah! Huzzah! HUZZAH! :goodjob:

I suppose I should start working on the details of ownership of the tavern and such, now that Deathling won't be handling it any more, hrm hrm..

Like I wus sayin ... all hail Acolyte Loki!

Unser Giftzwerg said:
Like I wus sayin ... all hail Acolyte Loki!
only celebrate for the prhophet, and whoever he is you'd better not be telling that to the wolves!

Oh I'm quite sure the Prophet is clever enough not to drink too much ale and go blabbing about his identity now. After all, been clever enough not to do it yet, so I'm sure we can trust him to continue thusly, no?

Anyway. It's been a long day, I reckon I shall get a nap now, and later we can discuss further lynchings and other merriment, aye?

Could it really be so easy? Now we just have to get the farmhand and the stableboy (the tavern-owners last supporters) and we're rid of this curse onc and for all!

Butterflies*hic* rejoice!...a wolf dies...two remains...two followed the wolf...two were silent...suspicious...who are malicious, and who are merely swayed by the growling of wolves?...Unser, among the schupporters of the Deathling, t'least...schifted sides all too quickly...this town has a memory, yet 'e knows it not...butterflies swarm all around, though their number dwindles every*hic* night...even time is our enemy now...

Ok then... The idiot has spoken: Unser shall be the next wolfman to be caught!

November 1st

Maybe free alcohol is a bad thing. Most of the village stumbles into the village square the next morning with a bad hangover. The are instantly sobered by what they find. The corpse of Deathling is gone, stolen by the werewolves. In its place is the corpse of Mayor Thealien_83. The two werewolves each put their claws in his ribs and back and split him in two. The gallows looked like they were painted with his blood and internal organs. Crows are feasting on the scattered pieces of flesh and there are so many that you have to get brooms to chase them away.

Still even with the loss and the hangover, last nights victory is not forgotten. There will be more deaths, but if the trend is continued and a werewolf is caught today and tomorrow then this war is almost over. That thought dominates all of your minds as you set to the task of finding the next victim for lynching.

My head hurts... All the celebration after finally taking a wolf. But Unser wasn`t in a good mood. A wolf, perhaps?

Frozen-Vomit said:
Could it really be so easy? Now we just have to get the farmhand and the stableboy (the tavern-owners last supporters) and we're rid of this curse onc and for all!

Whar be that stableboy anyway? He never did show up fer work!

STA BLE boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

(OOC: No player signed up to play the stableboy :p)

Ahh, I sees how it be. No one ever what talk t Unser, no not once, no Prophet real or imagined up or even me own stableboy. So Unser he guesses best he can an come up wrong. Now he whut bin shunned by his neighbors all along, whut gonna be hung cuz he dun know whut they won tell him.

Whal fer me money I be goin down t th last workin me hunches. Lorgen, it whar yer whut din vote that first night. That first night when it didn't matter none cuz yer know all the town whar out t get that shepard QES ennyways. Whut better way whut t throw off spicions, than t pretend yer whar 'unconcious' the whole day an couldnt no ways kilt no Nikis-Knight, cuza th 'coma'. Oh Carpenter Lorgen, I knows it whar yer from that day on, but Unser, Unser know what that no one in town be trustin anyone else. So Unser hints at it but pretend what t act daft. An he keep his real spicions under his hat, like, aye? Only now, soon ain't got no use fer me hat.

Now who be the last woof I ain't reckoned out. But Frozen-Vomit been happy what t be quiet alla long an happy what to add his vote almost always to the human allredy likely be hung. And Corlindale, when I ponders it one way ye looks like a perfec woof playin at a game ... an ponderin another way yer looks human.

But that yer both be so eager whut to vote me dead ... do so even afore poor ol Mayor Thealien come up dead and done for cruely too?! Aye, did one o yer build up yer blood-thirst by votin Unser dead ... then yer went out an hunted down the poor mayor? An just when we figgered yer couldn't get no crueler.

But even so mates, I give yer apass instead vote up Lorgen the Carpenter in me act o defiance. Mebbe one o yers change yer vote in time, mebbe one o yers can't change yer vote. But when I turns up dead an human tomorrow, yers will know who t hang next.

Ifin ye whuts left gots time enuf to do it.

lorgen said:
My head hurts... All the celebration after finally taking a wolf. But Unser wasn`t in a good mood. A wolf, perhaps?
Exactly my thoughts, unser must be a wolf!

As is the tradition of Foxford, every Mayor leaves a note to be opened in the event of his death that will contain only the name of his successor. In front of the whole village the note is opened and everyone agrees that it is in the former Mayor's hand. The new Mayor of Foxford is Mayor Frozen-Vomit.

loki1232 said:
And luckily He's not a werewolf.

Yar. Like Unser be the only one whut guessed wrong these past few days.

Like I said afore, I mention him cuz he vote me dead afore th old mayor turn up dead. Course, now Vomit the mayor Unser got no chance at all. Oh well, yer mistake will cost one of yers yer life. Cuz it take yer at least extra day what to ponder out a real woof. And one o yers or more ain't gonna see that day, cuz yer gonna make Unser the Human swing tonight.

Oops, fergot: Swing next Lorgen, swing next.

What an unsuspected promotion :) it turns out this plague of lyncantropes is not only bad for some of us. Now I just have to stay in this job longer than my unlucky predecessor... (or people of office ever spell this ;) )

Top Bottom