Fox-02 -- Praying to the RNG God

ChrTh said:
Ok, so I have 3 cities to found/capture. If I'm reading it correctly, we're at war with Liz, but not with Nappy.
Yep, but liz has only 1 more city ... me think. There is another barb city. So, you have no choice but to turn on nappy. His Random Holiness commands it.

GreyFox said:
:eek: You mean you have not been reading this thread? :eek: We don't get the five-star rating for nothing... your know! :lol:

--

I've read, uh, most of it :mischief: ... just haven't read it carefully :D

GreyFox said:
Yep, but liz has only 1 more city ... me think. There is another barb city. So, you have no choice but to turn on nappy. His Random Holiness commands it.

I can't build a settler? :confused:

Build a settler, found a city, give it to Horse-face, and kill her twice! Everyone happy with that?

Or you could just found a city and have that count towards the 3...

bobrath said:
Or you could just found a city and have that count towards the 3...

Yeah, that's what I thought ... am I reading the RNG God's Commandment wrong?

You aren't. Founding is just as acceptable. Though we're on the brink of crushing the little corporal. Ever seen Cossack vs. Cavalry? It ain't pretty.

Edit:

It will probably be better to deal with nappy sooner rather than later in case we roll an objective that we can't meet in 30 turns. I'm fairly confident we can (Shhhh!) end the game in 30 should the need arise.

rex_tyranus said:
It will probably be better to deal with nappy sooner rather than later in case we roll an objective that we can't meet in 30 turns. I'm fairly confident we can (Shhhh!) end the game in 30 should the need arise.

:eek:

Although I am but a recent acolyte to the RNG God, I would imagine that we would need to fulfill his last request on the same turn we win ... (granted, we'll still need to Hit Enter, but I'm sure we can leave that for GreyFox :D )

That's Fox's call, though I fully intend--should it ever work out--to hand Fox a 'Just Hit Enter' save.

ChrTh said:
I can play in about 8 hours, I'll read through the thread this afternoon just to make sure I don't do anything wrong :mischief: Do we have a victory condition yet? All are enabled, right?
That must be a record … comment about not doing anything wrong IMMEDIATELY followed by doing something wrong!

GreyFox said:
:eek: You mean you have not been reading this thread? :eek: We don't get the five-star rating for nothing... your know! :lol:
As I understand it, you only have 3 votes and they were all by Paul.

As I understand it, you only have 3 votes and they were all by Paul.

:lol:

To be fair, I started that rumor about Paul. He claims to have voted only once. We have five votes so probably at least one of those is legitimate.

The young acolyte knelt praying in the Temple of the RNG God. He was new to the order, and was prepared for many years of toil, both mental and physical, before he would be ready to take his place among the chosen.

It took all of 25 minutes.

The priests rushed in, crying, 'ChrTh! ChrTh! We have need of you!'

The acolyte blinked. 'Yes?'

'You have been chosen by the one true God to serve as our new leader!'

All color drained from his face. 'But I am but a simple acolyte, I have been in these robes less than a half ...' his voice faltered at the glares he was receiving.

'The RNG God has chosen you. We do not ask questions of Him. Apparently a spiritual ancestor of yours from an even more chaotic world has come to His attention. He feels that you may be destined for good in this realm.

ChrTh nodded. 'What am I to do?'

'He has chosen a simple task for you to start with, the blessing of 3 new cities for our realm. If you are able to meet this requirement, He may have a new task for you.'

'I understand, and shall do as I am asked.'

Turn 0 -- 1920 AD
The RNG God' will is:
1x6: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1920AD, Yet to Complete, 3 more cities, 30 turns Remaining.

ChrTh looks around at the world he is now set in charge of. He knows he must take 3 cities, and he looks for a sign as to how much favor the RNG God will give him:

Attack on Richmond:
Infantry loses to Musket, Infantry defeats Musket. This is not a clear sign in either direction, so ChrTh resolves to play things straight.

Showing the patience and careful planning previously exhibited in VQ04, ChrTh declares war on Napoleon, killing a Cavalry and stealing a Worker in the initial advance.

Whoops, this was close:

Must've been pushed there by the closing of borders. Let me make sure there aren't any other (after easily disposing of the Musket and Cavalry--wow, you're right, Cossacks *are* fun!)

IBT:

Cossack defeats Rifle before losing to Catapult

Turn 1 -- 1921 AD

Coventry: Lighthouse > Harbor
York: Cannon > Worker

Chartres has but a Rifle and a Pike. Time for some amphibious forces. Cannon is suicided. Infantry defeats Rifle. Infantry defeats Pike. 1 Down.

Napoleon has sent a stack into our territory. Cossack defeats Catapult. Not going to be able to reach the stack until next turn.

At Tours: Cossack loses to Rifle. Cossack defeats Longbow. Cossack defeats Rifle. Cossack defeats Catapult. 2 Down.

IBT:

Fierce counter-attack at Tours ... er, 1 Down. :sad:

Turn 2 -- 1922 AD

St. Pete's: Cannon > Cossack
Rostov: Cannon > Cossack
Antium: Cannon > Transport
Bombay: Infantry > Cossack
Madrid: University > Infantry
Barcelona: Infantry > Cossack
Mauryan: Forge > Barracks

Battle for Richmond: Infantry defeats Musket. Richmond is auto-razed:

Buh-bye!

Back to Tours:
Cannon bombards. Cannon defeats Rifle. Infantry defeats Cavalry x3. Cossack defeats Cavalry x2. Only one very wounded Cavalry left.

I go after the invading force:
Cossack loses to Rifle. Cossack defeats Cavalry x4. Cossack defeats Crossbow. Cossack defeats Rifle. Infantry defeats Rifle. Infantry defeats Catapult.

Assault on Damascus:
Cannon suicides. Infantry defeats Rifle. Infantry defeats Longbow. Infantry defeats Crossbow. 2 down (for now).

The liberation of Damascus allows me more freedom in movement. Cossack defeats a Cavalry. Infantry defeats Rifle.

War weariness is in effect. Raise culture to 20%.

IBT:
We lose a wounded Cossack to a Cavalry. We kill two cavalry assaulting our Tours-invading Cossacks.

Turn 3 -- 1923 AD

Bangalore: Cannon > Cossack
Delhi: Ironworks > Factory
Seville: Destroyer > Barracks
Warwick: Infantry > Barracks

Time for more Tours:
Cannon kills Cavalry. Cannon loses to wounded Cavalry (RNG God not in favor for this attack :sad: ). Infantry defeats Cavalry. Cossack defeats Catapult. Tours is ours! We have 3 cities!

:dance:

I will complete the turn before rolling again ...

Outside Madrid, a little mini-stack needs attention:
Infantry defeats Cavalry. Infantry defeats Cavalry. Infantry defeats Catapult. Infantry defeats Cavalry.

Assault on Phoenician:
Infantry defeats Longbow. Cossack defeats Longbow. Auto-razed.

Destroyer wreaks havoc around Marseilles.

Let's see how much damage Nappy's forces have taken so far:

Ok, I need to roll a new task:

1 x 3 : Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech :hmm:

To Be Continued!

Turn 3 -- 1923 AD

The RNG God's will is:
1 x 3 : Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 1923 AD, Yet to Complete, 1 Tech, 30 turns.

Let's see what this means: Artillery is due in 2 turns (1925 AD). Communism can be learned afterwards, thus fulfilling the RNG God's will.

IBT:
Nada

Turn 4 -- 1924 AD
York: Worker > Barracks

Critical mistake by Nappy. He should've headed towards Tours or Damascus, not straight down the gut towards Barcelona.

Cossack defeats Grenadier. Cossack defeats Cavalry. Infantry defeats Cavalry. Infantry loses to Cavalry (doh!). Infantry loses to Cavalry (double-doh!). Still some troops there, but not much.

IBT:

Note to self: Don't land 4 undefended cannons behind enemy lines EVER AGAIN :gripe:

Turn 5 -- 1925 AD

Artillery comes in, begin Communism. Due in 5.

St. Pete's: Cossack > Cossack
Novgorod: Factory > Coal Plant
London: Confucian Temple > Factory
Dover: Theatre > Transport

Resume attack on the stack: Cannon suicides. Infantry defeats Cavalry. Cossack defeats Cavalry. Infantry defeats Cavalry. A couple severely wounded troops left.

March inland continues.

IBT:

Our stack outside Medina gets assaulted, but loses no one. We do lose an Infantry in Damascus though.

Turn 6 -- 1926 AD

Moscow: Bank > Factory
Rostov: Cossack > Cossack
Yaroslav'l: Destroyer > Drydock
Antium: Transport > Cossack
Newcastle: Courthouse > Harbor
Chartres starts theatre.

Nappy has piled his forces into Medina. Might take a few turns to crack this nut. I bombard to 0. I suicide 1 cannon. Infantry defeats Cavalry. Infantry defeats Rifle. Infantry defeats Cavalry. Grenadier defeats Cavalry. Cannon defeats Cavalry in neighboring tile.

IBT:

We lose our Grenadier to a Cavalry; we kill a Cavalry with Infantry.

Turn 7 -- 1927 AD

Bangalore: Cossack > Cossack
Delhi: Factory > Coal Plant
Bombay: Cossack > Cossack
Barcelona: Cossack > Artillery
Seville: Barracks > Artillery
Mauryan: Barracks > Cossack
York: Barracks > Artillery

More fun at Medina! Cannon suicides. Cannon suicides. Cannon defeats Cavalry. Infantry defeats Cavalry. Cannon defeats Cavalry. Cannon defeats Pike. Infantry defeats Rifle. Medina is down to 2 wounded catapults and a severely wounded Cavalry. I can probably take the city, but I don't know if I'll be able to get troops in to defend it. We'll see. Infantry defeats Catapult. Cannon defeats Catapult. Infantry defeats Cavalry, Medina is ours! And it looks like we'll be able to get a couple more troops in it (phew!).

Outside Najran: I kill a Crossbow and pillage the Iron he's standing on.

Start prepping troops for Mecca; land a small team outside its borders and start bombarding with the destroyer.

Heh heh heh (it has settler and 2 rifles on it) :lol:

IBT:
The Iron-pillaging Cossack is killed, and Medina holds out against 1 Cavalry (who dies).

Turn 8 -- 1928 AD

Madras: Factory > Coal Plant
Calcutta: Artillery > Factory
Madrid: Infantry > Artillery
Warwick: Barracks > Infantry
Coventry: Harbor > Work Boat
Nottingham: Courthouse > Barracks
Liverpool: Taoist Temple > Work Boat

I avenge the Iron-pillaging Cossack

:coffee:

IBT:
Our stack outside Najran gets hit by a couple cats (which are destroyed)

Turn 9 -- 1929 AD

St. Pete's: Cossack > Cossack
Novogorod: Coal Plant > Artillery
Rostov: Cossack > Artillery
Delhi: Coal Plant > Airport (can build most troops in 1 turn now)
Antium: Cossack > Artillery
Hun: Observatory > Barracks
Norwich: Forge > Barracks
Chartres: Theatre > Barracks
Tours starts Theatre

Assault on Mecca:
Artillery withdraws after dealing serious damage. Whoops, forgot to Bombard w/ Destroyers :blush: ... down to 6%. Infantry defeats Rifle. Cossacks defeats Rifle. Cossacks attack Pike ... the Pikes run away! :eek:

:lol: ... where was I? Oh yeah, the Cossacks won. Infantry defeats Rifle. Infantry defeats Catapult. We have Mecca!

Another Barb City appears in the South.

IBT:

A couple counter-attacks result in fewer troops for Nappy.

Turn 10 -- 1930 AD

Rome: Observatory > Forge
Birmingham: Artillery > Barracks
Coventry: Workboat > Barracks
Liverpool: Workboat > Lighthouse
Damascus starts Barracks

Communism comes in, start on Electricity for now (depends on what the RNG God commands!).

Ok, sorry about this, but I rolled doubles and in Backgammon that's an automatic re-roll, so I don't have a screen shot. We got 3 x 3:
Capture an enemy capitol or size 10 city ... should be easy enough since all of Nappy's cities are size 10 or greater.

I load up a transport to head north towards Marseilles (it's outside Mecca)

Ok, there's a couple of partially-loaded transports that I haven't moved.

Here's the northern theater of operations:

Here's Nappy's current power setting:

Here's the save:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Fox-02_AD-1930.Civ4SavedGame

I have it

Shall play/report tomorrow unless someone else wants to jump in quick

Rex said:
We have five votes so probably at least one of those is legitimate.
*whisper* but we do have more than 5 players ... :mischief:

ChrTh said:
We lose our Grenadier to a Cavalry; we kill a Cavalry with Infantry.
:eek: Not The Mighty IPG I hope!!!! Else, you will be crucified and sacrificed to the RNGod ...

Guys, we get a glimpse to the true meaning of "ChrTh" in the lbackgammon screenshot ... :mischief: ;)

--
List of RNGod's 18 Commandments and 6 Punishments

RNGod's Assignments Thus Far
- Seek the RNG God: Started 4000BC, Completed 3240BC, 19 turns.
- 3x1: Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 3240BC, Completed 2280BC, 24 turns.
- 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 2280BC, Completed 1800BC, 11 turns.
- 1x5: Get Something for Free: Started 1800BC, Failed (Punishment: 2: Whip all cities).
- 5x4: Capture City w New Resources: Started 600BC, Completed 25BC, 25 turns.
- 2x3: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 0AD (or is it 0BC?), Completed 580AD, 24 Turns.
- 4x4: Capture 3 Cities from 3 Civs: Started 580AD, Failed (Punishment: 5: Declare war on most powerful Civ).
- 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1100AD, Completed 1280AD, 19 turns.
- 5x5: Capture City with World Wonder or Shrine: Started 1280AD, Completed 1370AD, 8 turns.
- 4x1: Kill N*5=30 Enemies: Started 1370AD, Completed 1585AD, 30 turns.
- 3x6: Add 10 XP to a Unit (named: Lucky-17): Started 1590AD, Completed 1740AD, 30 turns.
- 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 1740AD, Completed 1745AD, 1 turn.
- 3x4: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1745AD, Completed 1795AD, 10 turns.
- 5x1: Get Something for Free: Started 1795AD, Completed 1824AD, 13 turns.
- 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1824AD, Completed 1846AD, 11 turns.
- 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1846AD, Completed 1856AD, 5 turns.
- 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1856AD, Completed 1874AD, 9 turns.
- 2x3: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1874AD, Completed 1878AD, 2 turns.
- 1x6: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1878AD, Completed 1888AD, 5 turns.
- 2x4: Learn Tech in Next Age: Started 1888AD, Complete 1920AD, Learnt Flight, 17 turns.
- 5x1: Get Something for Free: Started 1920AD, Completed 1920AD, 0 turn.
- 1x6: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1920AD, Completed 1923AD, 3 turns.
- 1x3: Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 1923AD, Completed 1930AD, 7 turns.
- 3x3: Capture enemy capitol or size 10 city: Started 1930AD, Yet to Complete, 30 turns Remaining.

--

I see interest in this game is reviving ... ;) so a roster is back in place to ensure everyone has a chance at play ...

Sort-of-a-Roster
-- GreyFox
-- ChrTh == Just Played
-- Dantski == Got IT
-- (rex | paul | n0xie) == On-Deck

--

GreyFox said:
:eek: Not The Mighty IPG I hope!!!! Else, you will be crucified and sacrificed to the RNGod ...

Um...uhh...look over there, it's a distraction!

Guys, we get a glimpse to the true meaning of "ChrTh" in the lbackgammon screenshot ... :mischief: ;)

If I ever got my lazy butt back on the bike ... maybe :mischief: (I :love: Chloe, though)

Son of a ... :gripe:

There's a whole group of troops hanging out north (or is it south of France) ... stupid Tilted Axis map, I could've used those! :gripe:

I been reading this thread for a while and I am one of the few who voted a five star!

Top Bottom