Fox-02 -- Praying to the RNG God

ChrTh said:
"one of the few" ... that doesn't sound very positive :twitch:

Well, let's see...there's DoubleStack and ....er...well you until you jumped in...I think Ruff's been lurking a bit. Sounds like "few" to me.

Anyone else lurking?

(Still, a few is more than I'm used to. We aren't, after all, Sirian and Sulla on a training game right after it came out)

The SG has been excellent. I think I was one to put in an excellent as well. I am still looking for the button to rate rex as 'average' though :p

rex_tyranus said:
But...but...but...uh...<quivering lips>kinky dice?</quivering lips>

:cry:
It's having your wife see them on a website and go "are they mine?" that gets me.. :lol:

rex_tyranus said:
Anyone else lurking?

I've been following the odyssey of the minions for quite a while...:) And it's very interesting and fun! In fact, this and the FfH mod are the only two threads I'm actually subscribed to.

And so the turns were played.

Turn 0

Change research to Biology instead of Electricity. I doubt any further research will help us but I’d like to see how our tundra cities fair with +2 food farms.

Turn 1

Nappy wants peace (and a cry by the looks of it)

Cossack loses to Rfileman
Infantry defeats Rifleman

Infantry outside Marseille will heal while a Cossack covers them, until sufficiently healed or I land more troops nearby.

2 Infantry defeats 2 Longbows and auto raze a Barb city.

BATTLE OF NAJRAN

Cossack withdraws from a Rifleman
Cossack loses to Rifle
Infantry defeats Rifle
Infantry defeats Rifle
Cossack loses (again)
A final Cossack takes the Size 11 city thus completing the objective in uhh…1 turn(s)

5x2 = 10 = Ensure at least 3 civs are at war….Umm with only us and Nappy left, that might be hard? :p

I think its prudent to roll again.

1x3 = 3 = Learn a tech that enables wonder (religions are surprisingly out!).

Ok I think I’ll leave that till the next player, I’m too busy with the Lumbermill craze.

Turn 2

Nappy makes a spirited attempt to lift the siege of Marseille by attacking our wounded heroes. He manages to kill an Infantry at a loss of a Rifle and Cavalry. Pity 2 boatloads of reinforcements can land next to the city now.

BATTLE OF MARSEILLES

Cossack defeats Rifle
Then 3 catapults are then defeated amphibiously by our reinforcements. The fall of Marseille yields 199 gold for our treasury.

A force or Frigates and Galleons full of troops were left on Sentry to the north of French lands, I finally notice them and land them in a Forest next to Rheims

Najran’s garrison is further strengthened by the arrival of Infantry and Artillery. They can push on towards Kushans (which is quite well defended) once healed.

Also a stack of Infantry and Artillery is heading towards where I believe a hidden French city to be.

Turn 3

The French attack our stack outside Rheims, however only their initial catapult does any damage (minimal) and they lose 3 units in the process. :)

A Frigate destroys our Fishing boat near Coventry, we have no ships anywhere near it so it will probably sail along until another Destroyer is built.

Turn 4

Despite repulsing the attack at Rheims and then bombarding to 0%, our force will have to wait for the next boatload of troops to arrive before taking the city.

This is because multiple City promoted Riflemen are quite effective against an army obsessed with promoting Cossacks with Medic promotions (who did that?) :(

Besancon quickly falls, 2 Rifles defeated by 2 Infantry.

A small force of Cavalry and a Catapult appear outside Najran. The 2 cavalry are swiftly dealt with, the Catapult is no threat so I’ll let that run off if it chooses to.

Turn 5

Biology is learned and I set research to Electricity which will complete the next task.

All our cities are now growing again. Likely to be a little unhappy as the population rises.

My Infantry/Artillery force discovers Baghdad in the fog. It should be simple enough to take for the next player.

A boatload arrives to boost our attackers strength at Rheims. Shouldn’t be difficult to pluck next turn.

I pillage the last French horse supply.

The French Frigate disappears just as a Destroyer arrives in the area. Hmm next player gets to play ‘hunt the Frenchie’

THE BATTLE OF KUSHANS ( I like battles!)

Artillery loses to Rifleman but causes masses of splash damage.
Infantry > Cavalry
Infantry > Rifle
Infantry > Rifle
Cossack > Rifle
Cossack > Rifle
Cossack > Catapult
Cossack > Catapult

We celebrate the capture of the city to the tune of 217 gold.

With my moves over I take a peek at the power demographics.

Le Ouch! :cry:

Also in the City race, we are leading Nappy 38 cities to uhh…7. 2 of those we can’t see at the moment.

This is because multiple City promoted Riflemen are quite effective against an army obsessed with promoting Cossacks with Medic promotions (who did that?)

:blush: That was an accident, I was trying to promote one Cossack to Medic for healing the stack, and I think the group was selected

Geez, to all lurkers, thanks for the heart warming support of the Minions! :worship:

--

Good turns, Dantski ... but you shouldn't make the "Little Corporal" cry ... :lol:

You didn't pursue the RNGod's command with whole-heartedness? :aargh: You shall stand outside the temple as well! ... but I am thinking, er.. you know, just thinking aloud to myself, so its not a discussion or anything, ... but maybe this is one task that we will not fulfill yet will go unpunished ... :mischief:

--

--
List of RNGod's 18 Commandments and 6 Punishments

RNGod's Assignments Thus Far
- Seek the RNG God: Started 4000BC, Completed 3240BC, 19 turns.
- 3x1: Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 3240BC, Completed 2280BC, 24 turns.
- 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 2280BC, Completed 1800BC, 11 turns.
- 1x5: Get Something for Free: Started 1800BC, Failed (Punishment: 2: Whip all cities).
- 5x4: Capture City w New Resources: Started 600BC, Completed 25BC, 25 turns.
- 2x3: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 0AD (or is it 0BC?), Completed 580AD, 24 Turns.
- 4x4: Capture 3 Cities from 3 Civs: Started 580AD, Failed (Punishment: 5: Declare war on most powerful Civ).
- 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1100AD, Completed 1280AD, 19 turns.
- 5x5: Capture City with World Wonder or Shrine: Started 1280AD, Completed 1370AD, 8 turns.
- 4x1: Kill N*5=30 Enemies: Started 1370AD, Completed 1585AD, 30 turns.
- 3x6: Add 10 XP to a Unit (named: Lucky-17): Started 1590AD, Completed 1740AD, 30 turns.
- 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 1740AD, Completed 1745AD, 1 turn.
- 3x4: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1745AD, Completed 1795AD, 10 turns.
- 5x1: Get Something for Free: Started 1795AD, Completed 1824AD, 13 turns.
- 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1824AD, Completed 1846AD, 11 turns.
- 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1846AD, Completed 1856AD, 5 turns.
- 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1856AD, Completed 1874AD, 9 turns.
- 2x3: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1874AD, Completed 1878AD, 2 turns.
- 1x6: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1878AD, Completed 1888AD, 5 turns.
- 2x4: Learn Tech in Next Age: Started 1888AD, Complete 1920AD, Learnt Flight, 17 turns.
- 5x1: Get Something for Free: Started 1920AD, Completed 1920AD, 0 turn.
- 1x6: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1920AD, Completed 1923AD, 3 turns.
- 1x3: Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 1923AD, Completed 1930AD, 7 turns.
- 3x3: Capture enemy capitol or size 10 city: Started 1930AD, Completed 1931AD, 1 turn.
- 1x3: Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 1931AD, Yet to Complete, 26 turns Remaining.

--

I see interest in this game is reviving ... ;) so a roster is back in place to ensure everyone has a chance at play ...

Sort-of-a-Roster
-- GreyFox
-- ChrTh
-- Dantski == Just Played
-- (rex | paul | n0xie) == UP

--

GreyFox said:
You didn't pursue the RNGod's command with whole-heartedness? :aargh:

You'll notice I had anticipated the RNGod's command and set us on the path before it was even handed down :cool:

BTW, I do hope there's a sequel to this game ... I would love to have the chance to serve the RNG God for more than one turn ...

Sequel ... I was thinking about it as well ... but currently waiting for a sign from the RNGod ... here is an excerpt of my 3-hours long prayers to His Random Holiness:

GreyFox's Prayers said:
Dear RNGod, please bestow me with insipiration, O Random One!
I wanted to do something similar, but yet different enough so that it is not an identical game.
O Random One, Please do bask me in your infinite random wisdom, and show me a way!

ChrTh said:
You'll notice I had anticipated the RNGod's command and set us on the path before it was even handed down :cool:
Oh, really? :blush: guess I wronged dantski then ... okay, dantski, you are welcome back to rest in the temple ... actually, its good for health to stand outside the temple for a short while, you know?

See, I take care of fellow RNG-Minions's welfare ...

er, yeap. That's right. No question about it.

:cooool:

-

Okay, I'll post my "got-it" and play sometime today. Regarding RNGod Strikes Back, I have some thoughts, Fox...

GreyFox said:
Oh, really? :blush: guess I wronged dantski then ... okay, dantski, you are welcome back to rest in the temple ... actually, its good for health to stand outside the temple for a short while, you know?

See, I take care of fellow RNG-Minions's welfare ...

er, yeap. That's right. No question about it.

:cooool:

-

Nah, Dantski was still deserving of wronging, since not only did he change my foresight, he mocked it in doing so! :p

Yup I changed research (hadn't actually started!) to Biology instead of Electricity first.

But of course I got the new commandmant a turn after this decision had been made and after the RNG God chose to baffle me with a nonsensical command.

I still went to fulfill the goal eventually!

Top Bottom