Franco-Iberia Faction Leader and Info

It's a safe bet Elodie did not include any Miley Cyrus in the Canon. LOL

Maybe Miley Cyrus became the Jim Morrison of the 21th century after the great mistake? Who knows?

Come on, she's French, the musical canon will be European pieces with some American and Latin jazz, maybe some American minimalism! lol

I wonder what tech establishes social security under her regime.

Wonder no more, it obviously is "Habitation" :D and rightfully so.

To be earnest about it, i think it might be more a virtue choice.

I haven't read the whole thread, nor did I think my question would warrant a new topic, but what's the back story regarding the Spanish civil war? Or is it a very poorly chosen name?
(When I hear Franco-Iberia, I think of the dictatorship of Franco in Spain)

Heh, only noticed the "Franco" thing now. It makes the name Franco-Iberia really awkard from a Spaniard's perspective, I'm wondering if they change the name in the Spanish version.

As in francophiles are those who love all things French, a francophone country is one where french is spoken, etc.

Regarding the Canon, I think there is a lot of religious stuff in it as well, because it simply isn't possible to understand a large part of European art and European history without some knowledge on Christianity and the Dodekatheon. This means both the Bible and the Homeric Epics are absolute musts.
Even the very name of the FI capital, "Le Coeur", is not only a very prominent motive in Catholic art and thought (The Sacred Heart), but related to one of France's most famous churches "Sacré-coeur".

Heh, only noticed the "Franco" thing now. It makes the name Franco-Iberia really awkard from a Spaniard's perspective, I'm wondering if they change the name in the Spanish version.
The term exists even in the Spanish language, unrelated to the Spanish dictator. Franco is to French as Anglo is to English or Italo is to Italian, as components of a compound word generally referring to two countries (i.e. Franco-Prussian).

I'm not specifically Spanish, but from my point of view I don't think it's such a big deal.

The term exists even in the Spanish language, unrelated to the Spanish dictator. Franco is to French as Anglo is to English or Italo is to Italian, as components of a compound word generally referring to two countries (i.e. Franco-Prussian).

I'm not specifically Spanish, but from my point of view I don't think it's such a big deal.

I'm not Spanish either, but I imagine that the name, being such a crucial part of Spanish history, could offend the Spaniards' sensibilities.

Then again I could also be wrong. Perhaps some Spanish users could clear up if they see the word "Franco" as being as related to France as to the dictator.

Regarding the Canon, I think there is a lot of religious stuff in it as well, because it simply isn't possible to understand a large part of European art and European history without some knowledge on Christianity and the Dodekatheon. This means both the Bible and the Homeric Epics are absolute musts.
Even the very name of the FI capital, "Le Coeur", is not only a very prominent motive in Catholic art and thought (The Sacred Heart), but related to one of France's most famous churches "Sacré-coeur".

"Le coeur" simply "the heart" or "the core" in French, which is a suitable name for a capital city when you lack imagination. Being French myself and living in Paris, I hadn't done any connection with the Sacré-Coeur church :)

It's possible that the devs thought about it, but I wouldn't be sure of it.

I'm not Spanish either, but I imagine that the name, being such a crucial part of Spanish history, could offend the Spaniards' sensibilities.

Then again I could also be wrong. Perhaps some Spanish users could clear up if they see the word "Franco" as being as related to France as to the dictator.

Or maybe we should just drop it and realize that the word Franco is used properly in this case and has nothing to do with anything other than proper use of reference to France/french people/state.

Top Bottom