Free cities shouldn't exert loyalty pressure.

Should free cities exert loyalty pressure?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

twsworld

Chieftain
I created a game that had an extremely packed map consisting of every civ and city state on Diety difficulty. I encountered a problem where free cities were exerting loyalty pressure on each other which not only ensured they remained free, but caused other cities to join them. The whole point of free cities is to have them join another country, so I feel they shouldn't be trying to create there own.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 42
I think that is just a dramatic ages mode thing to make it more challenging. Without the mode free cities dont exert pressure iirc. This makes it hard to answer your question. I voted yes for this particular case but dont want it in games without the mode.

I think that is just a dramatic ages mode thing to make it more challenging. Without the mode free cities dont exert pressure iirc. This makes it hard to answer your question. I voted yes for this particular case but dont want it in games without the mode.
How can you have free cities without the mode?

How can you have free cities without the mode?

Reduce a city with negative loyalty per turn to 0 loyalty. Ofc this is harder without dramatic ages mode but it is definitely doable. For example if you start to invade a foreign landmass the first cities you conquer will likely flip independent after just a few turns if you cant take enough cities quickly.

Top Bottom