Macha

King
I have my own website and want to put a forum on it. I need a free host with:

Support for self-registering webs
At least 10MB of space
FTP acess
Do not require your own domain name
Support for either ASP or PHP.

Frontpage is easier than HTML and webs which users can register themselves (like here) instead of being added in.

Frontpage is easier than HTML and webs which users can register themselves (like here) instead of being added in.

If you find a host that supports forums, this would mean that they give you a database to work with.. That is all you would need to allow users to register, no? Unless you misinstalled your forum software somehow.

My impression of Frontpage forums (from the one webpage I could find that talks about it) is that it either requires forum users to register as users on the server itself, or it registers them using some Frontpage process.

The first isn't really a good thing to let your visitors do, and I doubt (m)any host will allow it. The second seems like it can be done on most hosts that support Frontpage anyway.

Then again maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. I haven't touched Frontpage for a long time. :p

i got a hosted forum but i can't put one directly in my page unless anyone knows a free host with ASP support

i got a hosted forum but i can't put one directly in my page unless anyone knows a free host with ASP support

Free hosting w/ PHP would be way easier to find.. not to mention the countless php based forum solutions.. such as the one this particular forum uses.

This particular forum solution (vBulletin) isn't free though.

I suggest www.proboards.com, they provide the forum solution and the hosting. If you want to install the forum on your own site, phpBB (Google it) is fairly popular.

My guess is the ASP forum you found is Snitz and my friend and I think it's an ass to install (we haven't succeeded).

EDIT: I see you already got a forum. I'm late aren't I?

i got a hosted forum but would still like on in my site but Angelfire supports nothing but HTML and Java,Javascript
I tried Perl(ikonboard) Php(PHPBB) and ASP(As you guessed Snitz)

can anyone help, free hosts and free forum software that works on it

p.s. , i changed the skin to make it more readable, i really messed it up last time

www.phpnet.us is a good hosting site, phpBB is a good forum softare. You can use angelfire for the main page, and from it link to the forum as though its on your actual site.

i got one and i have found 10 free hosts that supply SQL databases, and anyway you can use acess for phpBB but i got it in done anyway.

Top Bottom