Fresh 2009

Dreylin sent me the last turn ... seems that the Arabian infantry over-ran the rest of the world.

Proposal for 4/5 players; Nothing fancy; No AI. I wish to invite the usual crowd and then ask around. bjarkekr, mikeyia, mabeco, dreylin and me; Ruff maybe if not on hiatus though he seems to be a cut above. ;) Guys want changes? Wish to suggest anything? Wish to start it?

We started in 2007 with some Stuttering and various players. I forgot that Ruff was in at the start. We began Fresh in March 2008, new Fresh in March 2009 and now Fresh 2010 if you like?

MAP= Fractal
SIZE= Standard (space for individual growth)
CLIMATE= Temperate
SEA LEVEL= Low
ERA= Classical
SPEED= Quick
WORLD WRAP= Cylindrical
RESOURCES = Balanced

Check Marks
NO TECH TRADE

Victories
ALL

Thanks for the game - it was a load of fun.

I think I really lucked out with my starting position ... on a small bulb of land that had 1 choke point. I threw down lots of cities on the coast, landed The Great Light house and a religious shrine (these both paid for my tech). Then catching the person to my North with lightly defended cities - he was on a similar bulb so after taking his land, I still only had a small choke point.

The war declaration from bj totally caught me by surprise, but he was unlucky that I was close to some critical techs (Machinery for crossbows and, more importantly Engineering for 3 tile movement and pikes). The one mistake I think he made was siting on that tile for ages effectively doing nothing. He should have either gone around the city, or tried to take it. In the end, he just gave me a chance to get lots of XPs when I wiped out his army.

At that point, my tech rate was really rocking, I had a large standing army and it was just a matter of time. I really liked the suicide attacks against my coastal cities from Portugal (Dreylin in control at that stage) ... a great example of being over confident and being punished for it.

I will not be able to participate in Fresh XXXX but I certainly enjoyed my time with this game. Thanks all. And thanks for Dreylin for stepping in and seeing this game to its conclusion.

:D Happy Holidays to all.
We'll have a brief discussion on the game parameters if you like and will begin the game.
5 players now (bjarkekr, mikeyia, dreylin, ruff_hi and me). Barbs would be on at present. Raging is a change from what I wrote up and would require more players pro raging.
Presently at Random Civs and leaders.

MAP= Fractal
SIZE= Standard (space for individual growth)
CLIMATE= Temperate
SEA LEVEL= Low
ERA= Classical
SPEED= Quick
WORLD WRAP= Cylindrical
RESOURCES = Balanced

Check Marks
NO TECH TRADE
RAGING BARBARIANS

Victories
ALL

setup looks good to me.

With the added space from using a standard map, Raging Barbs would be problematic ... so here's a vote to turn them on! :)

Mabeco responded; "Hi guys, I'm sorry but, I will not be able to make it. Have fun! "

We are 5 players :snowcool: :santa2: :snowgrin: :xmascheers: :snowlaugh:
Raging Barbs added to the previous settings. :yup:

I await any further discussion?

ok, twisted my arm. Count me in for another round :D

I think I really lucked out with my starting position ... on a small bulb of land that had 1 choke point. I threw down lots of cities on the coast, landed The Great Light house and a religious shrine (these both paid for my tech). Then catching the person to my North with lightly defended cities (he was on a similar bulb so after taking his land, I still only had a small choke point.

5 now! Comfort less?
Please note fellow sufferers that if you end up next to Ruff_Hi, he always has his eye on you, like Santa. :)

A fair enough comment after this game ... but talk to Dreylin to learn that I can also play nice. As I said at the beginning of this game, the NO TECH TRADING forces you (to some degree) down the road of not playing well with others.

A fair enough comment after this game ... but talk to Dreylin to learn that I can also play nice.

This is quite true, Ruff can be very good to work with ... provided you do what you're told! :p

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having this game pit us against each other. :lol:

Turn Order, done by Time zone as ruff_hi, dreylin and I are in the same GMT-5, I let ruff_hi complete the circuit and theoretically give everyone a slight edge. :mischief:
I will use your gmail addresses and all will be random. If there is no further discussion I will start the game tomorrow afternoon/evening. I will also start a new thread as it is a new game. I will send the link when complete. :deal:

chasbolt
dreylin
mikeyia
bjarkekr
ruff_hi

Top Bottom