Friesland for Warlords

pay-t

Lazy historian
Now Friesland can be added to your Warlords game.

Leaders; Malorix (Aggressive, Charismatic)
Redbad (Expansive, Imperialistiv)
UU; Frisian Warrior (Replaces warrior)
+25% city defence, start with amphibious
UB; Terp (Replaces Lighthouse)
Watertiles +2
Required to build the great lighthouse

Click me to go to the dowload location.

Screenies
Spoiler :

Slavery as a prefered choice: If the AI prefers staying in their prefered choice, I can see problems for when Emancipation starts to take effect in the mid to late game. The AI might not leave Slavery and get swamped with unhappiness. Just a thought.

(I hope I haven't jumped in too early here with regards to you setting up your thread)

Slavery as a prefered choice: If the AI prefers staying in their prefered choice, I can see problems for when Emancipation starts to take effect in the mid to late game. The AI might not leave Slavery and get swamped with unhappiness. Just a thought.

(I hope I haven't jumped in too early here with regards to you setting up your thread)

I will think about that. The main reason I chose slavery is to fit in the time frame, you see, he never knew emancipation:D

I like how the building which replaces a lighthouse is the graphic for lighthouse, but with the lighthouse removed. :D Also, it serves no purpose similar to a lighthouse :lol: Hell, the water leaking through polders is more important than any ships running aground! Nice work.

I appriciate this Civ. I also made a Frisian civilization quite some time ago. This one looks a bit more proffesinal tough.
There are a few remarks i would like to make. You are using the Dutch name for this people. It doesnt make sence, since the game is English and the Frisan have their own name for themselves(since they have their own language). So i suggest you either use the native name Fryslân or the English:Frisia.
I also cant agree with special unit. Fryslân was at its biggest during the Roman time and during the middle ages, not during the stone age. It would be better to use a swordfighter that replaces the swordman. A unit that is good against the Roman special unit (since the biggest victories were made on the Romans).

Futher more i have a few ideas to suggest. Next to the leader you made now, you could also make King redbad. He is the most famous Frisian king. Another good leader would be Grûtte Pierre (Great Pierre), he is a famous hero, who fought against the oppresion of Holland back in the middle ages.

I didnt install the Civ yet, but i am wondering which cities you used? I am pretty sure you used the Dutch names, but all towns and cities have their own Frisian name. Since there are no real English names for those cities, i would like suggest to use the Frisian native names. I could help you with that, if you want.

Futher more I would like to underline that the Frisian are not a tribe, but a people. The Frisian people are partly ancestors of the English (the Frisian language has quite some similarities with English in pronanucation and words) and Frence. They are now a part of the Dutch kingdom, but in the past they were a independend country that covered a great part of the current Netherlands (Utrecht was an important tradeoutpost)and the German costline untill Denmark.

SORRY FOR BEING SUCH A PAIN IN THE ARS

I appriciate this Civ. I also made a Frisian civilization quite some time ago. This one looks a bit more proffesinal tough.
There are a few remarks i would like to make. You are using the Dutch name for this people. It doesnt make sence, since the game is English and the Frisan have their own name for themselves(since they have their own language). So i suggest you either use the native name Fryslân or the English:Frisia.
I also cant agree with special unit. Fryslân was at its biggest during the Roman time and during the middle ages, not during the stone age. It would be better to use a swordfighter that replaces the swordman. A unit that is good against the Roman special unit (since the biggest victories were made on the Romans).

Futher more i have a few ideas to suggest. Next to the leader you made now, you could also make King redbad. He is the most famous Frisian king. Another good leader would be Grûtte Pierre (Great Pierre), he is a famous hero, who fought against the oppresion of Holland back in the middle ages.

I didnt install the Civ yet, but i am wondering which cities you used? I am pretty sure you used the Dutch names, but all towns and cities have their own Frisian name. Since there are no real English names for those cities, i would like suggest to use the Frisian native names. I could help you with that, if you want.

Futher more I would like to underline that the Frisian are not a tribe, but a people. The Frisian people are partly ancestors of the English (the Frisian language has quite some similarities with English in pronanucation and words) and Frence. They are now a part of the Dutch kingdom, but in the past they were a independend country that covered a great part of the current Netherlands (Utrecht was an important tradeoutpost)and the German costline untill Denmark.

SORRY FOR BEING SUCH A PAIN IN THE ARS

Same as in the Civ4 version tread:D

dankje!

please a BtS version?!

a Westfrisian

I'm sorry to say I'm not done yet. Modular mods just don't seem to work here:( I'll keep trying, but don't expect one very soon.;)

And in advance; Mery Christmas:) :goodjob:

The Civpedia entry in your Malorix-entry mentions a brief description of him "by Tacitus and Annales"; I'm sure you mean "in Tacitus' Annales" (Annales - or Annals - is a booktitle).:mischief:

I'd also like to say that I agree with the comments of Watiggi and DiRectum. Other than that: nice work!:goodjob:

Fryslân, Fraschlönj, Freesklöön, Freeskluin, Fresklun, Friislön, Fräislound, Freesland, Fraislaand, Friesland, Frisland, Frisia.

Great to see Frisia, Frisia was once a great tribe, their state once was from South-Jutland (West-Denmark) to Northwest-France.
They did lot of trading, built good ships, are best dairy-farmers in the world, were experts in making wetlands dry.
Great leaders were Pier Gerlofs Donia (greate Pier), Redbad.
Great seafarers came from this folk; Peter Stuyvesant (Vinkega), Abel Tasman (Groningen once belonged to Frisia). Another great rememberable Frisian leader/king was Greate Pier.
They were almost the hardest to Christianize, the south of the Netherlands was already Christian ages before the Frisian became it.

The folks have Viking, Celtic and Saxonian roots (not Frankish).

They also had good astronomy, there is some house in Frisia for that, I can't remember the name.

The entire year nobody replies, and then it's Christmas and everybody does:lol: And you all have been doing your homework too. Maybe I can improve Frisia radically before launching the BtS version:p

Top Bottom