[R&F] Frost Nation Civilization: Brainstorming

rarmonio8920

Chieftain
Hi!

I'm really starting to enjoy modding my new civilization, the fictitious Frost Nation. I mean it to be a nation that can settle in tundra/snow, is isolationist, but can be a real cultural/tourism force if it chooses to open up its borders. I've increased the tundra/snow yields (Civ Bonus) and have created combat strength bonuses in tundra/snow (Leader Trait)... I'm considering a unit that is an inverted Berseker--i.e. increased CS when defending, but decreased CS when attacking. Am probably going to create a cultural improvement similar to the Civ VI Moai or Civ VI Roman Fort. Shaping this civ to be a terrible warmonger, but a very defensive Cultural winner.

I'm slowly but surely teaching myself things... But before I try to waste time and do things that are impossible or beyond me, could I get some quick, initial advice on some of the following?:

• Leader Bonus, Increased Open Borders Tourism Boost?: Increasing the Open Borders Tourism Boost from 25%, for this civilization only? Is it possible to adjust a global parameter for one civilization?
  • Leader Bonus, Open Borders Disadvantage?: Any suggestions on creating some sort of disadvantage to opening up the borders for the civilization?
  • Leader Bonus, Testing Increased/Decreased War Weariness to Self/Opponents?: What do you suggest is the best way to test War Weariness? Player_WarWeariness log? Any initial suggestions on balance? I was considering +25% to enemies, -25% to self.
  • Leader Agenda: Doable?: The following are doable, yes?: (1) Settles near Snow/Tundra. (2) Likes those who leave snow/tundra to him. (3)Prefers to build walls and has a defensive army. (4) Dislikes civilizations that settles close. (5) Usually rejects open borders requests. (6) Paranoid Hidden Agenda.
  • Unique Wonders?: Any issue with creating a unique wonder for civilization?
  • Unique Improvements?: Any issue with creating a special farm improvement, specially for tundra?
  • Balance Suggestions?: Any suggestions for balance?

Top Bottom