frustration

skisphereo

Chieftain
I don't understand this game. I'm playing in monarchy, I'm the celts, and I'm rampaging over the carthaginians. They have 3 cities left beside the capital, and have feudalism and engineering over me. In terms for a peace treaty, they are willing to give me every one of their remaining cities. However, if I try and get a single technology, I get a I doubt they will accept your proposal.

Are you playing C3C? (you must be, this is the conquests forum) Apparently they made the AI much less likely to want to trade you techs in a peace negotiation. In Vanilla and PTW they would usually give you everything.

The AI is loathed to give up a tech that has either a pending wonder or units. It is not going to give up a gov tech easily either.

So we see why they will not let go of Fued, it has all three of those things. Eng I am not so clear on, unless its being the gateway to Leo.

And on the flip side, the AI will pay a lot more for a tech that has a wonder/unit/resource in it. I like selling the techs with wonders to the AI when I'm one turn from finishing the wonder...

skisphereo said:
I don't understand this game. I'm playing in monarchy, I'm the celts, and I'm rampaging over the carthaginians. They have 3 cities left beside the capital, and have feudalism and engineering over me. In terms for a peace treaty, they are willing to give me every one of their remaining cities. However, if I try and get a single technology, I get a I doubt they will accept your proposal.
If they were smart, which they might be, they wouldn't accept a deal like that because they would have superior units to you. Since Numidian Mercenaries are 2/3/1 and have a defensive bonus on a city fortified plus terrian bonus, any unit with 4 attack puts up a good fight. Swordsmen can't touch Numids on a city fortified and defensive bonus.
BTW, Steve, Carthage and The Celts came in PTW, so he's most likely playing C3C

Thanks. I understand the formulation for rejecting the technology trade, however, I most definitely wouldn't call it smart. After they refused the trade I ended up taking two more cities, leaving them with two distant islands, and trading for feud/eng otherwise. I had already taken about 7-8 using gallic swordsman. The withdraw ability crushed the mercenaries, they grounded them all down into dust.

madviking said:
I'm playing this gaem *as Persians* and has 5 or 6 Zulu warriors in front of a city with a wall and a spear.

The next turn they offered plain peace!!! :lol:

I'm telling you man, it's the Persian blood. The other civs can't touch it. Unless, of course, you're the Greeks/Arabs/Chinese/Mongols/Russian/English/French/Americans. :sad:

Top Bottom